• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How Trump Ripped Off Millions of Supporters

SLD

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Freethinker
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/03/us/politics/trump-donations.html

I’m not sure I have much sympathy for them. But maybe a few of them have learned their lesson that you can’t trust the rip off artist. Basically, people thought they were giving him a one time donation when in fact they were signing up for regular donations. The only way to figure it out was buried deep in the fine print where you could have checked a box to ensure that you weren’t signing up for a series of payments. Bastards. But I suspect that they will never learn.

They had "uncheck boxes".

You had to notice the little boxes that were already checked and uncheck them to stop the monthly payments.

Immoral and really theft.

To give your money to Trump though.

Might as well tattoo your forehead; "Sucker".

Checking your monthly bank statements only takes about 5 minutes every 43,000 minutes or so. It's not that hard Trumptatds.

Jesus Christ the wrong Americans are being targeted with voter disenfranchisement.

Checking your monthly bank statements only takes about 5 minutes every 43,000 minutes or so. It's not that hard Trumptatds.

Jesus Christ the wrong Americans are being targeted with voter disenfranchisement.

They do not think they have any reason to check.

It is a scam.

From a con man.

Very high chargeback rate should mean the credit card companies cut him off.

I break out in 5 tropical skin diseases if I watch Fox, but I gotta wonder how they played this story. Their execs must have been cussing -- "Why couldn't this have been Biden? We could've run a news alert with flashing graphics..."

I break out in 5 tropical skin diseases if I watch Fox, but I gotta wonder how they played this story. Their execs must have been cussing -- "Why couldn't this have been Biden? We could've run a news alert with flashing graphics..."

I just checked. Not a thing on Fox News about it. They're still ragging on Hunter Biden though.

And you read the story and they ask these people - and many of them say, “I don’t blame trump at all, I’m still loyal to him, he’s great. This was a greedy website.”

If he play, being young and unskillfull,
For shekels of silver and gold,
Take his money my son, praising Allah,
For the kid was ordained to be sold.

I do feel bad for them. It’s wrong that they got grifted. Really go-to-jail wrong. And our society should not tolerate it.
But then they say, they’d give money to the same crew again.
Sigh.
I still want to prosecute the criminals, But I just can’t protect these people from their own actions.

And you read the story and they ask these people - and many of them say, “I don’t blame trump at all, I’m still loyal to him, he’s great. This was a greedy website.”

If he play, being young and unskillfull,
For shekels of silver and gold,
Take his money my son, praising Allah,
For the kid was ordained to be sold.

I do feel bad for them. It’s wrong that they got grifted. Really go-to-jail wrong. And our society should not tolerate it.
But then they say, they’d give money to the same crew again.
Sigh.
I still want to prosecute the criminals, But I just can’t protect these people from their own actions.

And once again, if you have the Netflix, watch Episode 6 from the first season of their series "Dirty Money." They feature some of the people who were ripped off by Trump University, and one person who was actually involved in the scam. It reminded me of when some family members of mine got sucked into Amway. The company figured out exactly where the line was between legitimate business and scam, walked right up to that line, and stayed there.

I notice that none of the "This message is hidden because XXXX is on your ignore list" boys have shown up in this thread. Let me save them the bother and help out:

Tyrone Jackson, a man with very dark skin from Tulsa, Oklahoma, once committed a fraud not awfully dissimilar to this one.

Therefore, all you libtards complaining about Trump's ingenuity are hypocrites and racists.

$120+ million in disputed donations to his campaign for 2020. $60+ million in the last couple months after having blown through a billion via grift and embezzlement.

Then he invents a stolen election to continue grifting his supporters in order to fund the original grifting. And the impact this will have on his supporters will be non-existent.

I just checked. Not a thing on Fox News about it. They're still ragging on Hunter Biden though.

We need more Trumpsters on this forum! I could never figure out the relevance of Hunter Biden in the election. I remember arguing with a Trumpster/friend about the 2020 election. I would try to talk about the issues, she kept raging about the lap top and Hunter. And I said to her several times, you understand that I'm voting for Joe, not Hunter?!! Right?? I'd love to hear from a Trumpster of why I shouldn't vote for Joe because of something that his son allegedly did?!

When people don't care they are being ripped off you are dealing with a cult.

Trump will be looked at in history as a cult leader.

Lies about the danger of COVID.

The cult does not get mad it caused more deaths.

It gets mad at people trying to cause less deaths.

On his website it clearly mentioned "monthly" when I tried to sign up for donations.
Maybe they changed it.

We need more Trumpsters on this forum! I could never figure out the relevance of Hunter Biden in the election. I remember arguing with a Trumpster/friend about the 2020 election. I would try to talk about the issues, she kept raging about the lap top and Hunter. And I said to her several times, you understand that I'm voting for Joe, not Hunter?!! Right?? I'd love to hear from a Trumpster of why I shouldn't vote for Joe because of something that his son allegedly did?!

She was no doubt fine with Trump's inbred demon spawn acting as White House advisers and making voracious cash grabs out of daddy's position.

On his website it clearly mentioned "monthly" when I tried to sign up for donations.
Maybe they changed it.
The varying texts used always said weekly, but they were clearly designed to be overlooked. And overlooked it definitely was. The speed in which money was given back is also an indicator they knew exactly what they were doing.

Trump will be looked at in history as a cult leader.

There, there: Be more specific.

Jesus of Nazareth started a cult and, whatever the faults of his cult, is admired by billions. The Dalai Lama, Mother Teresa, and Joan of Arc started cults and are all admired by some sensible people.

Trump is more of the Jim Jones of Jonestown brand of cult leader. Jones, it will be recalled, made the drink brand Kool-Aid infamous (unfairly so, since Jones actually put his cyanide in Kool-Aid's competitor FlavorAid).

But let's keep our news fair and balanced, please. Trump may have cheated his followers, committed treason and other crimes, and caused the death of at least 100,000 Americans. But Pete Buttigieg rode a bicycle. Same-same.

Maybe they changed it.
The varying texts used always said weekly, but they were clearly designed to be overlooked. And overlooked it definitely was. The speed in which money was given back is also an indicator they knew exactly what they were doing.

He then started another grift to raise the money he needed to pay back the first grift.

Back
Top Bottom