• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How was this a sensible answer?

Oh, made it easy.
I see.
See, by the title of the thread, and it being in a 'logic' forum, we all assumed you were looking for people to solve the puzzle and find A question that fit the response.
You were looking for more of a telepathic attempt to discover THE question that was asked. Didn't realize.

And i do feel the need to point out what's probably a typo in your comment above. "Not" should probably read "Note," I would guess? I only point this out to show that maybe, just maybe, the capitalization of the second word might have been seen as a typo, and not considered to be significant on the face of it.
Sure. YOU know it was significant. But the rest of us aren't telepathic....

Just because you don't see an answer doesn't mean others didn't. While the exact thing she was asking about obviously wouldn't be guesses unless someone happened to be aware of it multiple people got the basic idea: "Yes" was the name of something she was asking me if they had.

It sounds like the question of when the logician's wife asked him whether he wanted to eat dinner now or later, he responded "Yes".

Just because you don't see an answer doesn't mean others didn't.
I did see an answer.
But after jonj's reply, i saw no reason to post it.
But then, rather than discuss if each response did or did not make logical sense, you graded Wiploc's as 'closest.' Which meant you were looking for a particular answer. Not just anything logical.

But then, rather than discuss if each response did or did not make logical sense, you graded Wiploc's as 'closest.' Which meant you were looking for a particular answer. Not just anything logical.
Which is why I hate these kind of logic puzzles. It's not too hard to imagine all sorts of answers that are logically correct answers according to the parameters given in the puzzle but aren't "correct" because the person who came up with the puzzle has a very specific answer or type of answer that is "correct".

Wife: "Loren, how many members of the Ye family do you have dismembered and stuffed in your basement freezer?" [Ye is a Chinese surname]
Loren: "No Yes"

Wife: "Loren, what are the words in the English language that are commonly used to indicated a negative and positive response to a question?"

Etc. etc.

Which is why I hate these kind of logic puzzles. It's not too hard to imagine all sorts of answers that are logically correct answers according to the parameters given in the puzzle but aren't "correct" because the person who came up with the puzzle has a very specific answer or type of answer that is "correct".

Wife: "Loren, how many members of the Ye family do you have dismembered and stuffed in your basement freezer?" [Ye is a Chinese surname]

Wife: "Loren, what are the words in the English language that are commonly used to indicated a negative and positive response to a question?"

Etc. etc.

I don't understand the first one. The second expects two answers, something I ruled out.

"I don't understand the first one. " by Archimedes

The first one means that you didn't dismember any of the Ye family and stuff them in your basement...the plural of Ye is Yes. If it has been Smith, You'd have answered No Smiths.

Back
Top Bottom