• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

How would bureaucracy deal with Superman?

hinduwoman

Basic Beliefs
Materialism
Read a funny story on this, so true!

It had all started with the city government demanding that he be licensed to transport individuals, despite his protestations that he wasn’t being paid and that he should be covered by Good Samaritan laws.

Then they’d demanded that he take a first aid course. This wasn’t an unreasonable suggestion, actually, but he’d been unable to produce Clark Kent’s first aid certificate to prove that he’d already taken the course.

He had a court case pending now with Immigration and Naturalization. Apparently they were taking the phrase illegal alien literally, although it was acknowledged that it would be difficult to capture Superman and keep him outside the borders.

The Internal Revenue Service had called demanding an audit. Superman’s claims that he didn’t earn any money and didn’t in fact need to eat didn’t faze the service, which seemed to believe that he was concealing untold millions in an account in the Cayman Islands.

The Federal Government had sent agents quoting an old law; apparently it wasn’t illegal for Americans to have contact with aliens or NASA space artifacts, but the government could impose a quarantine on both the item or alien in question and the people who had been in contact with it. Clark hadn’t contacted them back yet, but he was worried that they might trying to impose a quarantine on Lois, who was widely reputed as being the person most often in close personal contact with Superman

"I’m sorry. The law is the law, and it says that if you are going to fly in New Troy you have to log at least a fifteen hundred flight hours with a trainer.”
Superman agreed to both a written and an oral exam, but the driver’s license requirement was a problem. No one wanted to give him a driver’s license without a birth certificate. No one was sure whether Krypton had even issued birth certificates, and the people involved weren’t sure whether a certificate written in a dead language written by a people long since dead would be accepted by the world court.
In an effort to gain his patronage, more than fifty countries had voted him in as an honorary citizen. This placed him in the Guinness Book of World Records. Lois already has an entry in the most kidnapped category.
Apparently he was now expected to file fifty separate tax returns, one for each nation that had inducted him as a citizen."

Everyone loves making fun of Tax department!

I'm guessing that the relationship between superheroes and the government would end up looking like the Justice Lords (an alternate reality in DC where the superheroes went bad and conquered most of the Earth's governments).

Actually, i'm now wondering how the GOP candidates would deal with superheroes.

"Don't get me wrong, i'm a big fan of saving the world from the dark horrors living beyond the abyss, but you have to wonder why Captain Faith wears a mask? What's he hiding?"
"So, you'd support unmasking those superheroes with a secret identity?"
"I think I read somewhere that it's estimated that The Crimson Sash has the power to fold the US into an origami cross. Well, if he can do that, what's to stop him from folding it into an Islamic Crescent, you know what I'm saying?"

1439477776-20150813.png

I don't think he would have much trouble with it at all. When you're a very big fish like that the government is going to bend over backwards to be nice.

I looked it up, Beauracracy is state officials, not elected representatives. So, basically, what would our President and his cabinet do if Superman only visited state government officials? They wouldn't be so happy about that.

Back
Top Bottom