• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Hunter Biden laptop derail from Twitter thread

You gotta be shitting me, Pyle.
Nope. Not shitting you. What was suppressed? Can you give me three sentences describing what was supressed? With hopefully a link?

Because this is what I experience everytime I ask a right winger about this. What exactly am I supposed to be outraged about when it comes to Hunter Biden? He's a colossal fuck up who only got to where he is today because of his parents. I'm not a fan of such nepotism but fuck me the cunt is far from unique in that regard. And yet conservatives screech "Hunterus Bindinius!" like some shitty Harry Potter spell and they feel they've won an argument.

I'm gonna need some deets dude otherwise you're just peddling a hoax.
They're obsessed about the world not falling for their laptop hoax and are saying the MSM are suppressing it.

Social media companies literally banned a factual story on Hunter Biden’s laptop. Spare us your faux concern.
They banned a hoax, did they? Then why the fuck do I keep fucking hearing about it? Spare us your faux take on reality.
Yes, they banned a story of HB's laptop on the basis that they have rules against posting "hacked" material.
What was the "hacked" material?
The story of how they got the laptop makes no sense. Thus it's almost certainly planted based on a hacked copy of his actual system--and note that this means the chain of evidence is fatally compromised. It's not being investigated because of this--anything juicy on it is probably planted.
Well, at this point even the WaPo and the NYT accept its authenticity.
It's no doubt a copy of his actual machine. The question is whether it has been edited--and given the chain of events this has to be presumed likely.

Social media companies literally banned a factual story on Hunter Biden’s laptop. Spare us your faux concern.
They banned a hoax, did they? Then why the fuck do I keep fucking hearing about it? Spare us your faux take on reality.
Yes, they banned a story of HB's laptop on the basis that they have rules against posting "hacked" material.
What was the "hacked" material?
The story of how they got the laptop makes no sense. Thus it's almost certainly planted based on a hacked copy of his actual system--and note that this means the chain of evidence is fatally compromised. It's not being investigated because of this--anything juicy on it is probably planted.
Well, at this point even the WaPo and the NYT accept its authenticity.
It's no doubt a copy of his actual machine. The question is whether it has been edited--and given the chain of events this has to be presumed likely.
And why should that discussion be excluded from the public discourse?

TWITTER-SUPRESSING-NYPOST-GS-COMP.jpg

Woah. Elon was correct.
No he's not. Elon is basically saying people who litter should get the same jail sentence as murderers because both are breaking the law. Or, in order to be fair a news outlet must have the same amount of scientists as flat earthers in their stories.

Nope. Not shitting you. What was suppressed? Can you give me three sentences describing what was supressed? With hopefully a link?
The New York Post's account was suspended and no one could re-tweet the story. Hello?
You've moved from banning to suspension, you are unwilling to provide any details or context and you still haven't supplied a single link.

You are doing a real shit job promoting this hoax, babe.

Woah. Elon was correct.
No he's not. Elon is basically saying people who litter should get the same jail sentence as murderers because both are breaking the law. Or, in order to be fair a news outlet must have the same amount of scientists as flat earthers in their stories.

The New York Post's account was suspended and no one could re-tweet the story. Hello?
You've moved from banning to suspension, you are unwilling to provide any details or context and you still haven't supplied a single link.

You are doing a real shit job promoting this hoax, babe.
Even Jack says sharing the story was blocked. Come on, man.

“[An expert] also found records on the drive that indicated someone may have accessed the drive from a West Coast location in October 2020, little more than a week after the first New York Post stories on Hunter Biden’s laptop appeared.”
“Over the next few days, somebody created three additional folders on the drive, titled, ‘Mail,' ‘Salacious Pics Package’ and ‘Big Guy File’ — an apparent reference to Joe Biden.”

There is a lot of garbage out there purported to be from Biden's laptop that are not from the laptop. But rat f---king dirty tricks from liars and QAnon crazies.
The original repair shop owner that got this laptop has publicly reported that much of this right wing garbage is not from Biden's laptop. Be skeptical about the right wing's bleating about the content of the hard disk. Most of it is lies.

*Bump*

I'm just going to assume no right winger is going to provide any sensible reason why anyone should give a fuck about Hunter Biden's laptop. It seems like the safe way to bet.

*Bump*

I'm just going to assume no right winger is going to provide any sensible reason why anyone should give a fuck about Hunter Biden's laptop. It seems like the safe way to bet.
I don't give a fuck about it. But I do give a fuck about a social media company banning circulation of an article because it contained 'unverifiable facts'.

*Bump*

I don't give a fuck about it. But I do give a fuck about a social media company banning circulation of an article because it contained 'unverifiable facts'.
No one was banned, so I guess you are talking about something else.

*Bump*

No one was banned, so I guess you are talking about something else.
The article was prevented from being shared. No person was banned. I did not say a person was banned.

*Bump*

Said company is a private organization and makes up its own rules. I didn't see you prancing back and forth with a free Kaepernick sign when the NFL suspended him for kneeling.

From a TheVerge article back in October of 2020:
To recap: On October 14th, The New York Post published a (contested and possibly part of a disinformation campaign, though this is absolutely not the point I am here to tell you about) story about Hunter Biden, the son of presidential candidate Joe Biden. Very little of the contents of the Post story are pertinent to the discussion we are about to have, except this: some of the materials in it, Twitter alleges, seem to be the result of hacking.

Twitter suspended The New York Post’s account for six tweets that linked to the story and blocked links to the story in question, citing its hacked materials policy, as well as a policy about private information. This caused, perhaps predictably, a massive uproar. On October 15th, Twitter’s trust and safety lead, Vijaya Gadde, tweeted that Twitter’s hacked materials policy would change, and the company would “no longer remove hacked content unless it is directly shared by hackers or those acting in concert with them.”

On October 16th, Jack Dorsey tweeted that blocking the URL “was wrong,” and a Twitter spokesperson told The New York Times that the information that was previously “private information” had spread so widely that it no longer counted as “private.” Therefore, the Post article no longer violated the private information policy.

Emphasis added.

To be clear, conservatives were being told that liberal media was banning them for content and they started flipping out and canceling "Big Tech." Big Tech responded by changing their policies--policies that everyone else had previously, historically had to adhere to including liberals--but the giant exception was made, reinterpretations of policies were done, and finally rewriting policy in order to maintain the political privileges of the elite classes of America.

In regard to some of the content, from Wikipedia:
On October 14, 2020, the New York Post published articles containing purported emails of unknown authorship which suggested that Hunter Biden provided an "opportunity" to Vadym Pozharskyi, an advisor to the board of Burisma, to meet his father, then-Vice President Joe Biden.[10][11][12] Joe Biden stated in September 2019 that he had never spoken to his son about his foreign business dealings.[13] His presidential campaign denied such a meeting took place and stated the New York Post had never contacted them "about the critical elements of this story".[14] Michael Carpenter, Vice President Biden's foreign policy adviser in 2015, told The Washington Post that he had accompanied Biden during all of his meetings about Ukraine and that, "He never met with [Pozharskyi]." He added, "In fact, I had never heard of this guy until the New York Post story broke."[15] One of the purported emails showed Pozharskyi saying he would share information with Amos Hochstein, a State Department advisor close to Vice President Biden, though Hochstein stated, "The Republican Senate investigation subpoenaed all my records, including emails and calendars and found no mention of this man. I led the US energy efforts in Ukraine and never even heard of him before yesterday."[16] The New York Post published images and PDF copies of the alleged emails, but their authenticity and origin have not been determined.[17] According to an investigation by The New York Times, editors at the New York Post "pressed staff members to add their bylines to the story", and at least one refused, in addition to the original author, reportedly because of a lack of confidence in its credibility. Of the two writers eventually credited on the article, the second did not know her name was attached to it until after The Post published it.[18] In its opening sentence, the New York Post story misleadingly asserted "the elder Biden pressured government officials in Ukraine into firing a prosecutor who was investigating" Burisma, despite the fact that Shokin had not pursued an investigation into Burisma's founder.[15] The opening sentence also misleadingly stated that Hunter Biden introduced his father to Pozharskyi, but the purported email from Pozharskyi only mentioned an invitation and "opportunity" for the men to meet.[19][20]

Emphasis added.

To add some confusion, the Wikipedia article also states that some of the emails in question have been authenticated, and much of that work is very recent.

*Bump*

Said company is a private organization and makes up its own rules. I didn't see you prancing back and forth with a free Kaepernick sign when the NFL suspended him for kneeling.
Yes, it's a private company. I didn't say they ought not be allowed to do it. I said their 'censoring service' is not something I value. I have no use for Twitter's 'trust and safety council' nannying me. I can decide for myself which stories I want to read and which people I want to block.

Musk has decided Twitter will comply with local laws but he won't be actively censoring or banning people. I think that will make Twitter better. Leftists don't. It's still a private company that can do what it wants.

Also, expressing disagreement with a private company's actions does not mean I want the State to force the private company to do something. I think Ben and Jerry's social justice ice cream tubs are bone-deep, soul's core cringe, but if consumers want to buy their massively overpriced product, let 'em.

Musk has decided Twitter will comply with local laws but he won't be actively censoring or banning people. I think that will make Twitter better. Leftists don't. It's still a private company that can do what it wants.
Look at what has happened to the places that don't censor--they turn into total cesspools.

Look at what has happened to the places that don't censor--they turn into total cesspools.
You are welcome to find an alternative to Twitter if you want a Trust and Safety Council to nanny you.

In the meantime, Twitter is currently the most toxic popular social media platform ever devised, for all its banning and shadowbanning and policies and "safety".

Perhaps all the pearl-clutching Musk-haters leaving the platform will help improve the experience.

You are welcome to find an alternative to Twitter if you want a Trust and Safety Council to nanny you.

In the meantime, Twitter is currently the most toxic popular social media platform ever devised, for all its banning and shadowbanning and policies and "safety".

Perhaps all the pearl-clutching Musk-haters leaving the platform will help improve the experience.
It's nothing compared to His Flatulence's abomination. It's just that's not popular because it's such a cesspool.

Back
Top Bottom