• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

I call shennigans !

Zeluvia

Basic Beliefs
Thinking
IMO, Microsoft is pulling shit because some really stubborn people won't buy their new Crapola.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/04/27/us-cybersecurity-microsoft-browser-idUSBREA3Q0PB20140427

Microsoft disclosed on Saturday its plans to fix the bug in an advisory to its customers posted on its security website, which it said is present in Internet Explorer versions 6 to 11. Those versions dominate desktop browsing, accounting for 55 percent of the PC browser market, according to tech research firm NetMarketShare.

Still, he cautioned that Windows XP users will not benefit from that update since Microsoft has just halted support for that product.

The software maker said in a statement to Reuters that it advises Windows XP users to upgrade to one of two most recently versions of its operating system, Windows 7 or 8.

Internet Explorer 6 was released on August 27, 2001, shortly after the completion of Windows XP. Really? A vulnerability
that is 13 years old now, and you are advertising it's existence to all hackers, and you couldn't fix it BEFORE you expired winXP?

I would suspect the vulnerability is bullshit, but I know IE is piece of crap

Back
Top Bottom