• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

I thought being a mercenary was legal?

Yemen is a civil war with atrocities on all sides.

I know the Yemini president managed to get their rebels branded a terrorist movement in the UN. The truth of the matter is that the president himself clearly qualified as a terrorist himself. So it's all shady.

To Palestinians Israel is terrorist. To the Brits Jews in Passerine were terrorist.

To Iraqis and Afghanis who were on the receiving end of 'collateral damage' the USA is terrorist.
To Turkey Kurds are terrorist.

One man's freedom fighter is another's terrorist.

Meh. Nobody thought Hitler was a freedom fighter. I'm pretty sure nobody thinks Abdrabbuh Mansur Hadi is a fighter for anything but the freedom to fill his Swiss bank account.

White people hate it most - we're not used to it.

I doubt that. Walk up to a black guy or especially a middle easterner and call him a terrorist. I suspect you will get quite a negative reaction.

If you want to pick a fight refer to a Persian(Iranian) as an Arab. I made that mistake once.

What about the Gurkhas in the British army?

AHA... I forgot about the Gurkhas. They are non-British but all are from Nepal. The Brits do like tradition and the Gurkha units began when Nepal was part of the empire. I haven't checked but I'm fairly sure they swear their allegiance to the Crown rather than their unit.

You'll be right skeps. Despite being originally from outside the UK, they are so trusted, part of their duties is also being selected to be bodyguards for the Queen.

There's the Swiss guards, guarding the vatican in Rome.

What about the Gurkhas in the British army?

AHA... I forgot about the Gurkhas. They are non-British but all are from Nepal. The Brits do like tradition and the Gurkha units began when Nepal was part of the empire. I haven't checked but I'm fairly sure they swear their allegiance to the Crown rather than their unit.

You'll be right skeps. Despite being originally from outside the UK, they are so trusted, part of their duties is also being selected to be bodyguards for the Queen.

There's the Swiss guards, guarding the vatican in Rome.

After retirement some work as mercenaries, contractors if you prefer, in the mid east.

Back
Top Bottom