• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

If God Revealed this to you, now what do you do?

George S

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
antitheist anarchist
Thou shalt make a society where thy collective grandchildren for generations uncountable will find a society and environment where it is a joy to live.

Might does not make right but it is good for defense against aggressors who do not understand this.

Biology would undercut God and people would still sin. Destroying the environment is a part of a social dynamic that's mostly outside of our control.

I'd start a new religion, because clearly none of the existing ones have those. And because I'd know that there is a god after all, and I am His prophet! :D

Thou shalt make a society where thy collective grandchildren for generations uncountable will find a society and environment where it is a joy to live.

Might does not make right but it is good for defense against aggressors who do not understand this.

I would ask God exactly what is keeping his lazy ass from doing just that. After all, I don't have the power to make a society, and any being with sufficient power to be called God certainly does.

I would ask God exactly what is keeping his lazy ass from doing just that. After all, I don't have the power to make a society, and any being with sufficient power to be called God certainly does.

A proof by contradiction, in a way. Why, if you're really, really God, and all, Command anything at all when being God for real you could have it on a whim.

So you know the "revelation" was hallucination.

Good advice, if a bit utopian, the original was a blend of gene's-eye-view (make organisms (environment controllers) where I can have grandchildren who, like me, have children) and being human (experiencing joy and grief, pain and caress, stink and roses, sweet and bitter, love and hate, and fear and hope.).

The second reflects the philosophy of Stefan Molyneux. We have a name for those who fail to understand that might does not make right. We brand them bullies. Might does not determine who's right, but does determine who's left.

Back
Top Bottom