• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

If skeezy, creepy straight men are misogynist then are skeezy , creepy gay men misandrist?

repoman

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Science Based Atheism
I looked this topic up on google and couldn't find anyone asking a similar question.

But are men (or women) who are skeezy, creepy or rapey towards people they are attracted to hating those people or disrespecting them or is something else going on? The phrase being looked at like a piece of meat can be very accurate in some cases.

Maybe self-centered, non-empathetic, pleasure seeking, shameless, unable to delay gratification and low moral conscience and are better terms and explanations.

I just think that the word misogynist might be getting thrown around too much and losing its punch.

It is not necessary to be creepy for one to be a misogynist, but misogynists tend to be creepy. The word "misogynist" is not losing it's punch. What has happened is, a lot of behavior which was once considered acceptable, or at the least, excusable, is now seen as misogynistic.

For example, failing to respect a woman's desires, when she says no, has become a form of rape. It's difficult to argue that a rapist does not have some degree of hostility toward women.

How do gay men or lesbians compare to straight men when they would do equally creepy things to the people they desire?

Or is there a partially different dynamic at work?

If being a pervert makes one a misogynist then sign me up to the He-Man's Woman-Hater's Club.

How do gay men or lesbians compare to straight men when they would do equally creepy things to the people they desire?

Or is there a partially different dynamic at work?

Most of the propositions I get from men are sort of creepy, but then so are the proposition from women, so it's pretty much a wash.

the thing is, considering the amount of this shit that women deal with just as a part of daily life, when even the creepiest frog oogles you, it's just comeuppance. seriously.

but still, how do straight guys take such? i'm no troll. the other day at the gas station, i went around a pump and almost bumped into this guy, all arms crossed and flexed. i stepped back and said, 'damn, sexy much?' and just kept going. is that offensive?

otoh, i have serious issues with how gay culture shows sexual interest - grabbing my junk throws me into threat display defense mode, but that's likely a prison thing

skeezy , creepy gay men do not exist
gay men are the mental,physical,and philosophical embodiment of perfection

Back
Top Bottom