• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

I'm bringing back Minesweeper

Minesweeper is an unsolvable game. There will always be a certain amount of luck involved.

I wrote a program that plays the game optimally and it almost never completes a game.

Minesweeper is an unsolvable game. There will always be a certain amount of luck involved.

I wrote a program that plays the game optimally and it almost never completes a game.

There's a problem with your program. Optimal play yields a 30%+ win rate on expert.

Can your solver play my program? How is it interfaced with Minesweeper?

It's been a long time since I played it so I took a crack at it. Of course I had to guess at the start and then I ended up having to make 4 guesses with a good chance of success (There was only one mine left that I couldn't account for) near the end.

Minesweeper.PNG

Back
Top Bottom