• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Incompetent or crooks?

TSwizzle

Let's Go Brandon!
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
From 2021;

President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris’ efforts to sell their green agenda and infrastructure plan are being complicated by a thorny conflict of interest for Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm – who stands to gain a windfall from stock options in a private electric vehicle company. Last month, Biden took a virtual tour of Proterra, a company Granholm holds millions of dollars in vested stock options in and previously sat on the board of. During the tour Biden praised employees and the CEO for their work in the electric vehicle space. “Chairman, let me say something quickly to you. The fact is you’re making me look good,” Biden told the company’s head executive, before pledging to come back in person at a later date. “I used to have a friend that said it’s always great to do well and do good – you’re doing both pal. You really are.”

CNN

A bit of both I suspect.

Proterra have gone tits up but not before Granholm made out like a bandit on the deal, The Green New Deal.

Let's Go Brandon!!

In general she, a basic politician, is hardly qualified to head the energy department. Compare her credentials with Obama's two secretaries.

From 2021;

President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris’ efforts to sell their green agenda and infrastructure plan are being complicated by a thorny conflict of interest for Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm – who stands to gain a windfall from stock options in a private electric vehicle company. Last month, Biden took a virtual tour of Proterra, a company Granholm holds millions of dollars in vested stock options in and previously sat on the board of. During the tour Biden praised employees and the CEO for their work in the electric vehicle space. “Chairman, let me say something quickly to you. The fact is you’re making me look good,” Biden told the company’s head executive, before pledging to come back in person at a later date. “I used to have a friend that said it’s always great to do well and do good – you’re doing both pal. You really are.”

CNN

A bit of both I suspect.

Proterra have gone tits up but not before Granholm made out like a bandit on the deal, The Green New Deal.

From article:

She also again committed to divesting her stock options – something she pledged to do within 180 days in the ethics agreement she signed when joining the administration.

And later that month

💤💤💤💤

So the OP is due to incompetence, but not by her.

Clowns;

Biden repeatedly praised green energy company Proterra as his energy secretary held stock in it. President Joe Biden promoted the company. Its top executive landed a spot on a White House board. And Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm held hundreds of thousands of shares in it. But that wasn't enough to save Proterra—the electric vehicle maker whose buses routinely failed to stay on the road—from declaring bankruptcy.

The declaration marks a stunning downfall for Biden's favorite green energy company. Biden took part in a virtual tour of a Proterra facility in April 2021 to promote his $1.9 trillion infrastructure plan, which included billions to boost the electric bus industry. Biden said during the event that Proterra was "getting us in the game" and predicted that Proterra and other electric vehicle companies would "end up owning the future." He went on to praise Proterra in a March 2022 speech, and less than one year later, in February, the Democrat appointed Proterra CEO Gareth Joyce to serve on the President's Export Council, which provides advice on international trade. Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm, meanwhile, held 240,000 shares in the company at the start of her tenure, prompting ethics concerns.

While Proterra shares tumbled more than 60 percent in after-hours trading Monday, Granholm will not have to worry about losing her investment. Granholm, who served on Proterra's board of directors, sold the shares for $1.6 million in May 2021, weeks after Biden publicly touted the company.

News

The Swizzle Fizzle
Sung to to the tune of “The Loco-Motion,” by Little Eva

👩‍🎤

Everybody’s doin' a brand new jive, now
(Come on baby, do the Swizzle Fizzle)
I know you'll get to like it if you give it a chance now
(Come on baby, do the Swizzle Fizzle)

Any online rando can do it with ease
It's easier than learning your A B C's
So come on, come on, do the Swizzle Fizzle with me

You gotta flap your gums, now