• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Indiana's new "Religious Freedom" Law

Where was this max while the other max was wrecking obama's reputation not too long ago?

A bucketload of money has been raised for them ($258,000 and counting), so perhaps they are closing because they realize they don't need to work for awhile?

https://www.gofundme.com/MemoriesPizza/
Yeah, that would be why the co-owner told the press they were 'in hiding.'
I am shocked this devout Christians do not expect their god to protect them and shower them with prosperity for professing their faith and allegiance to his wishes.

Yeah, that would be why the co-owner told the press they were 'in hiding.'
I am shocked this devout Christians do not expect their god to protect them and shower them with prosperity for professing their faith and allegiance to his wishes.
But they are getting death threats! Certainly they are! They said so. And they are on Hannity's Fox News program. So now they are heroes, people that stood by the outdated convictions that gays are evil. And like Jesus said, it is easier for a capitalist to get into heaven than a gay man.

And who caters pizza for a Wedding? Granted, I haven't been to many weddings, but not a single one had pizza. Which is odd, because pizza would be much cheaper. Damn it! I should have done pizza!

I will enlighten you again, but at the moment I have to run some errands.

You didn't enlighten anyone the first time, despite your optimistic use of the word 'again'.

What if Eich had donated to ISIS? Would it have been permissible to assassinate his character then? Answer with all the nuance you want, but I would like you to actually answer, instead of evade.

Being here in the center of the shitstorm has not been fun. Very glad that things have calmed down a bit since yesterday.

I found this linked on one of our local TV stations website and thought I would share. This is brilliantly funny (especially how bad James Van Der Beek is at hiding that he is gay).

Enjoy!

Indiana Home Shopping Network

But they are getting death threats! Certainly they are! They said so. And they are on Hannity's Fox News program. So now they are heroes, people that stood by the outdated convictions that gays are evil. And like Jesus said, it is easier for a capitalist to get into heaven than a gay man.

And who caters pizza for a Wedding? Granted, I haven't been to many weddings, but not a single one had pizza. Which is odd, because pizza would be much cheaper. Damn it! I should have done pizza!

Maybe Crystal and Kevin O’Connor should open up a Freddy Fazbear's Pizza franchise
tumblr_nahphhO1vQ1thy9m9o1_500.gif

The one thing I find comical is how this has become a gay thing. I believe this has more to do with Hobby Lobby than gays.

Another observation, typically when Democrats have been involved in the passing of RFRA's it has been about the extension of rights beyond the law. IE allowing the overlooking of a particular restriction based on religious beliefs. When Republicans support it, it has been about the extending a power to people to withdraw rights within the law of others.
The plain text of the law does allow the Indiana judiciary to find laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation to be a compelling state interest and there not existing any alternatives to achieving the state's compelling state interest. In other words, the plain text of the law does permit the Indiana judiciary to rule and decide the law does not provide refuge from anti-discriminator laws for those public accommodations wanting to discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation.
The law allows the courts to look the other way regarding any number of potential "religious" based objections to any law. Indianapolis wants to pass a law protecting a right, this bill gives the State Courts the power to over rule it over bogus religious objections
article said:
"Indiana Right to Life opposes the proposed changes to Indiana's new RFRA law since they dismantle much of the protections in the law designed to protect pro-life persons, businesses and ministries from being forced to support abortion under government order," Mike Fichter, the president and CEO of Indiana Right to Life, wrote in a statement. The group had supported the law before the changes were made.
link

Meh... what do I know?

The one thing I find comical is how this has become a gay thing. I believe this has more to do with Hobby Lobby than gays.

Another observation, typically when Democrats have been involved in the passing of RFRA's it has been about the extension of rights beyond the law. IE allowing the overlooking of a particular restriction based on religious beliefs. When Republicans support it, it has been about the extending a power to people to withdraw rights within the law of others.
The law allows the courts to look the other way regarding any number of potential "religious" based objections to any law. Indianapolis wants to pass a law protecting a right, this bill gives the State Courts the power to over rule it over bogus religious objections
article said:
"Indiana Right to Life opposes the proposed changes to Indiana's new RFRA law since they dismantle much of the protections in the law designed to protect pro-life persons, businesses and ministries from being forced to support abortion under government order," Mike Fichter, the president and CEO of Indiana Right to Life, wrote in a statement. The group had supported the law before the changes were made.
link

Meh... what do I know?

On this legal issue, not much and certainly not enough.

article said:
link

Meh... what do I know?

What is a "right to life" business?

article said:
link

Meh... what do I know?

On this legal issue, not much and certainly not enough.
Uh huh. Back to tell us about the solid rock that is legal interpretation of law and why so much money these days is spent on judicial elections? How this law that was passed was in no way a loophole being offered to the religious right? Seems odd the ones whining about exclusions being added to the law now are only those that would want to infringe on other people's rights. Past RFRAs were about making exceptions to expand rights.

Back
Top Bottom