• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

insect chatter

BH

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Muslim
I noticed something the last few days I wanted you ask you all about. It concerns insects and their sound making abilities. It seems at night before sundown every mothers son and every fathers daughter in the insect world want to chatter or make sounds. However, I noticed when the sun rises in the morning they dont make the noises they do in the evening. Does anyone have any idea why this is?

Maybe it's because they are nocturnal and are trying to find mates ? At the end of the night they are tired from the sex and just want to rest.

Last edited:
I noticed something the last few days I wanted you ask you all about. It concerns insects and their sound making abilities. It seems at night before sundown every mothers son and every fathers daughter in the insect world want to chatter or make sounds. However, I noticed when the sun rises in the morning they dont make the noises they do in the evening. Does anyone have any idea why this is?

Maybe it's because they are nocturnal and are trying to find mates ? At the end of the night they are tired from the sex and just want to rest.
Or just needing to digest. They don't just wake up at night to fuck, they wake up to eat, too.

It would also make sense to come out when the things that can eat bugs (so, everything) are having an increasingly hard time adapting to seeing bugs, or it's as hard to see them as it is going to get before doing big things.

On the rising edge of light, everything is adapted to the night and can ride the subtle saturation UP, so it is constantly assistive rather than constantly interfering.

So, the bugs come out at evening rather than sunup when everything with good daytime vision is waking up and getting hungry.

Also, temperature. In the eve info there is the heat of the day keeping them active and metabolizing. In the morning that will have bled away. It's dangerous to be cold and visible as a big

I wonder what rap and heavy metal music sounds like to chimpanz, birds, s and bears.

Back
Top Bottom