• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Instead of arresting the NGO crews who are aiding and abetting the smugglers ...

Derec

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
by helping them bring 100s of 1000s of economic migrants to Europe each year, the Italians have arrested Lauren Southern who is actually trying to help the situation by preventing the migrant boats from coming.
Lauren Southern Detained By Italians For Trying to Block Refugee Boats Entering the Country
The article is calling them "refugee" boats, but that's media for you. The Nigerians, the Bangladeshis, the Ghanaians, the Moroccans etc. that make up vast majorities of these boats are hardly "refugees".

It is a fact that this mass migration must be stopped, and not aided even more by fifth columnist activists running migrant 'taxies' from Libyan waters to Italy.

There is some good news though. Libyan coast guard seems to be picking up more of the slack, and when they intercept the migrant boats they bring them back to Libya for eventual repatriation, not to Italy for decades of living on EU taxpayer dime.
Libyan coastguard turns back nearly 500 migrants after altercation with NGO ship
But it also shows how eager and aggressive these NGOs have become in their quest to flood Eurpe with countless economic migrants.

Mass immigration is economically non-viable. Travelling in the UK, the local Ealing, Harrow, Brent have run out of houses, apart from a small reserve. I was looking through 'Locata' which is for those on waiting lists to look through to find government council houses which are about 1/3 the cost of private housing.

https://www.ealing.gov.uk/info/2011...5/refugee_crisis_-_frequently_asked_questions
Why is Ealing offering to help?
Ealing has the largest Syrian population in the UK. We also have a proud tradition of welcoming refugees to our borough and were one of the first councils to offer assistance. As one of the country’s most diverse and harmonious areas to live, we are confident that refugees will be able to settle successfully and to make a positive contribution to our community and the local economy.

Ealing Council supports the call for all areas of the UK to do their bit to alleviate the unthinkable suffering of refugees and help in this humanitarian crisis.

What is Ealing doing to support the crisis?
Ealing along with other councils in the capital stands ready to support refugees in the current crisis. We are working closely with the Mayor of London and the government on proposals and are waiting for further information on what funding will be available to the council in accommodating refugees in the borough.

How much will this cost?
It is difficult to put an accurate figure on it at this stage. Costs will vary depending on the specific needs of the individuals and families moving to the borough and the types of services they require in addition to accommodation.

How do you propose to finance this?
Ealing is facing unprecedented cuts in its government funding. Since 2010 we have had to cut £87million of spending on local services. By 2019 a total of £183million will have been cut from the money available to spend on services.

As part of the country’s commitment to help refugees we believe Ealing should do its bit to help in this humanitarian crisis. However, there are significant on-going costs associated with resettlement, in particular in London, and whilst we welcome the government’s commitment to meet those costs in the first year, we would urge them to provide clear assurances over funding to meet long term costs.

AND
https://www.ealing.gov.uk/info/201102/finding_a_home/21/applying_for_a_council_home

ocial housing within the borough is provided by the council and by registered social landlords (housing associations).

Ealing, like many London boroughs, has a severe shortage of homes compared with the number of people who need them. Currently we have over 12,000 applicants on our waiting list - also known as the housing register. Some of these are council tenants who would like to move, some are renting privately or living with family and some have been accepted by the council because they are homeless.

We receive up to 40 new applications every week and we have about 800 homes to let each year. This means that less than 10% of people on the register will receive an offer each year and many people will not be rehoused at all. Therefore people are encouraged to explore alternative housing options in order to get suitable housing.

Now the situation is worse.

Before becoming Prime Minister, Teresa was charged with bringing immigration levels to manageable figures and did zero. After Brexit she will do nothing either.

The problem with immigration is the UK (and it seems other parts of Europe) do not have the infrastructure to accommodate this influx such as, housing, hospitals, education and public transportation.

How does immigration affect the countries where the migrants come from? As well as unskilled people arriving in the UK and have to be trained there is also the 'brain drain.' We see a lot of educated people pouring in from India to fill much needed jobs, but what about the shortage of doctors in India?

Lauren Southern shows too much racial bias to talk about the real issues, though stopping the boats is something the governments should be doing but as members or the EU do zilch.

Britain is leaving the EU but there is no indication that mass immigration into the country will be restricted to sensible figures.

A brave group of protesters blocking the highway of the sea.

This is not comparable to #BLMers blocking legitimate traffic on real highways.
These are boats bringing mass migrants into EU. It's about preventing illegal immigration.

I have a mad crush on Lauren Southern. She's one brave lady.

Brave??! No she's just another scared white person. To me, this is the common thread that binds the Trumpsters of the world: Fear. Fear of Muslims; Fear of science; Fear of immigration; Fear of atheists; Fear of affordable health care; Fear of brown people; Fear of the unknown.

I have a mad crush on Lauren Southern. She's one brave lady.

Brave??! No she's just another scared white person. To me, this is the common thread that binds the Trumpsters of the world: Fear. Fear of Muslims; Fear of science; Fear of immigration; Fear of atheists; Fear of affordable health care; Fear of brown people; Fear of the unknown.

BOO!

This is not comparable to #BLMers blocking legitimate traffic on real highways.
These are boats bringing mass migrants into EU. It's about preventing illegal immigration.

You're right - in this case she's a foreign national who thinks she can block shipping in Italian waters. If a Mexican national came to the US and did something similar I'm guessing the usual suspects would be collectively apoplectic and ready to declare war.

The fact is that Italy can control whatever shipping travels through its waters, and the legality of blocking that shipping is irrespective of the cargo on the ships. These idiot vigilantes don't have prior knowledge of what's on the boats nor the investigatory powers to check - and what they're doing is no less illegal than BLM.

Would you support BLM blocking highways if they also searched trucks for illegal immigrants and turned any they found in to ICE? And is your support for Southern limited to farcical aquatic ceremonies, or do you think they should have broader powers - say pulling vehicles over, or stopping suspected illegals in the street? Are all vigilantes invited or just the accredited internet journalists?

Fear is a very useful emotion, as it allows us to deal with threats. Mass migration is a threat. Islamization of Europe is a threat.

Your position is the equivalent of a caveman who makes fun of his fellow cavemen for being afraid of sabre tooth tigers and are sharpening sticks and lighting fires to confront the threat.
Why should Europe be letting all these illegal immigrants in?

Would you support BLM blocking highways if they also searched trucks for illegal immigrants and turned any they found in to ICE?
If they were to march along the border and block illegals from entering that would mean they would actually be doing something useful for a change. Which of course there is no chance in hell they would do it. #BLM is a far left group and as such committed to supporting illegal immigration too.

I think it';s funny how the article focuses on her and not any other members of the group she was with.

Maybe she really wasn't trying to be activist and actually block the immigrants, just trying to document the activity going on and so it now becomes guilt by association, since she is a part of Rebel Media, an independent press that is very critical of leftist and the leftist government in Canada.

We don't know why this "journalist" was detained. All we have is a short report from a conservative/alt-right source based on her report.

For some reason, even though this has been explained numerous times, EU law on refugees and asylum seekers requires that their application been processed before any deportation is done (https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/explainers/understanding-migration-and-asylum-european-union). Italy is under no mandate to devote scarce resources to interdict vessels in the Mediterrean sea.

According to this website, Italy has a restriction on immigration and wants to control the flow of immigrants entering the coutnry:

https://strugglesinitaly.wordpress.com/equality/en-immigration-policies-in-italy/

To quote:
• Law 39/1990 Legge Martelli.

It treats the immigration issue by narrowing the flow of immigration, giving a pre-set number of accesses (a quota) and linking them to the job market. A permit of stay (Visa), which lasts two year and is renewable, can be obtained for work, study, medical care or family reunification. Those that get in with regular documents but stay after the expiration of the permit, or those exceeding the quota, are considered “illegal immigrants”. Illegal and irregular immigrants, as well as the ones who do not have the required qualifications, are expelled. Expelled immigrants have 15 days to leave Italy on their own, otherwise they will be deported by police. The aim of this law was the regularization of immigrant workers, who were exploited as irregular workers. This law did not create an organic program for the future, but an economic view of immigration, which remains a constant of Italian immigration legislation.

I think it';s funny how the article focuses on her and not any other members of the group she was with.

Maybe she really wasn't trying to be activist and actually block the immigrants, just trying to document the activity going on and so it now becomes guilt by association, since she is a part of Rebel Media, an independent press that is very critical of leftist and the leftist government in Canada.

So you approve of press when it attacks leftists; but disapprove when they attack Trumpsters or the right?

So you approve of press when it attacks leftists; but disapprove when they attack Trumpsters or the right?

I don't approve of media personal attacks and lying period. I want the press to be impartial, unbiased and based on facts and evidence. Apparently that is an unreasonable and unpopular opinion these days.

I don't approve of media personal attacks and lying period. I want the press to be impartial, unbiased and based on facts and evidence. Apparently that is an unreasonable and unpopular opinion these days.

So you'd like to ban journalists from expressing their opinions? How would you do that? Who decides what is impartial and unbiased?

So you'd like to ban journalists from expressing their opinions? How would you do that? Who decides what is impartial and unbiased?

Wouldn't be a bad idea actually in this age of newstainment tabloid BS. The better question is how you'd impliment something like this in a day and age of internet/youtube news.

Wouldn't be a bad idea actually in this age of newstainment tabloid BS. The better question is how you'd impliment something like this in a day and age of internet/youtube news.

Yes, it would be extremely difficult to implement. And I have zero faith in Trump implementing it. It's the first step towards a police state. But I'd be happy to hear ideas of how it could be done. Personally, I'm not threatened by anyone's opinion. There's a lot of opinions that I disagree with, but I like the freedom to be contrary.

So you'd like to ban journalists from expressing their opinions? Goddamn, stop puting words in my mouth.

Isn't it you intellectuals that value impartiality, facts, evidence, reason, and objectivity, not to leave out things like benefit of the doubt and innocent until proven guilty?

Gosh, what is it with you and loaded questions?

Back
Top Bottom