• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Instead of arresting the NGO crews who are aiding and abetting the smugglers ...

So you'd like to ban journalists from expressing their opinions? How would you do that? Who decides what is impartial and unbiased?

So you'd like to ban journalists from expressing their opinions? Goddamn, stop puting words in my mouth.

Isn't it you intellectuals that value impartiality, facts, evidence, reason, and objectivity, not to leave out things like benefit of the doubt and innocent until proven guilty?

Gosh, what is it with you and loaded questions?

I'm not following you. How does "innocent until proven guilty" apply to free speech? Again, people are entitled to their own opinions. I'm a strong free speech advocate. I think that this principle is extremely important in today's world. I do prefer journalists who rely on facts and evidence. But if someone is saying something absurd - I turn the channel.

So you'd like to ban journalists from expressing their opinions? Goddamn, stop puting words in my mouth.

Isn't it you intellectuals that value impartiality, facts, evidence, reason, and objectivity, not to leave out things like benefit of the doubt and innocent until proven guilty?

Gosh, what is it with you and loaded questions?

I'm not following you. How does "innocent until proven guilty" apply to free speech? Again, people are entitled to their own opinions. I'm a strong free speech advocate. I think that this principle is extremely important in today's world. I do prefer journalists who rely on facts and evidence. But if someone is saying something absurd - I turn the channel.

I don't know to answer your question. I was just a bit peeved at being accused of wanting to ban journalism for their opinions.

quote said:
Fear is a very useful emotion, as it allows us to deal with threats.

Actually it isn't very useful for dealing with threats as it is a very primitive and irrational emotion. Case in point:

Mass migration is a threat. Islamization of Europe is a threat.

Neither of these are rational statements.Europe will not be Islamizied.

Why should Europe be letting all these illegal immigrants in?

Because they are human beings looking for a better life.

I don't know to answer your question. I was just a bit peeved at being accused of wanting to ban journalism for their opinions.

Well, you seem to be a little sensitive here. I asked a question if you wanted to ban journalists who don't use evidence. A simple yes or no would have been effective.

Back
Top Bottom