• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Internet, communication theory

I think the problem isn't Facebook's invasion of privacy. It's that people don't care about having it invaded.

Yes because they dug this hole along time ago. They're just lying in it and smiling while being buried now. 1995 was a decent time to give a damn, and it looks like a lot of people did. They apparently failed illustrate just how evil a robot can become. Too late to care what Facebook does now. Or the forces working with Facebook, stealing our social identities and emailing them into the future, or whatever is actually going on here. Probably something more bizarre than that, huh.

None of that concerns me either. It is just that people don't seem to care about themselves anymore. They go along with this virtual stuff and lay their identities on the altar next to their already bad self esteem. Then it is up to chaos brewing inside machines to determine their fate. Most people I know are too fragile to use social media, and sadly it is social media that has taken their fragility to a critical point. I'm talking 75% of the people I know should NOT be anywhere near something like social media. They can't distinguish between the oxygenated world and the little fantasy they made while giggling online. It isn't a joke to create another self, and they do it in 5 minutes like it is nothing. Then someone studies it like an insect. Tortures it in some cases.

People should have a say in what their information is used for. And I'll rephrase in reality: people should believe they have a say in what their information is used for. The info will be used any way they damn well please, but some comfort could come in the illusion of SOME kind of regulations. Agree?

Supposedly the robot inside Facebook's evil lair is learning our deepest emotions. That is probably a very troubled little robot and I think they should turn it off before it does something bad in the very near future. We can't even process the emotions inside our own brains properly. Why put that stuff into a robot? Sounds cruel tot he robot if you think about it.

Lots of things bother me about social media but the people themselves are the actual problem. They just don't seem to care like you said. Try bringing this up on social media sometime. Never use your own identity of course, but try it nonetheless. You may notice the difference between laughing because of paralyzing evil, and laughing because something is actually funny.

I think the problem isn't Facebook's invasion of privacy. It's that people don't care about having it invaded.

Yes because they dug this hole along time ago. They're just lying in it and smiling while being buried now. 1995 was a decent time to give a damn, and it looks like a lot of people did. They apparently failed illustrate just how evil a robot can become. Too late to care what Facebook does now. Or the forces working with Facebook, stealing our social identities and emailing them into the future, or whatever is actually going on here. Probably something more bizarre than that, huh.

None of that concerns me either. It is just that people don't seem to care about themselves anymore. They go along with this virtual stuff and lay their identities on the altar next to their already bad self esteem. Then it is up to chaos brewing inside machines to determine their fate. Most people I know are too fragile to use social media, and sadly it is social media that has taken their fragility to a critical point. I'm talking 75% of the people I know should NOT be anywhere near something like social media. They can't distinguish between the oxygenated world and the little fantasy they made while giggling online. It isn't a joke to create another self, and they do it in 5 minutes like it is nothing. Then someone studies it like an insect. Tortures it in some cases.

People should have a say in what their information is used for. And I'll rephrase in reality: people should believe they have a say in what their information is used for. The info will be used any way they damn well please, but some comfort could come in the illusion of SOME kind of regulations. Agree?

Supposedly the robot inside Facebook's evil lair is learning our deepest emotions. That is probably a very troubled little robot and I think they should turn it off before it does something bad in the very near future. We can't even process the emotions inside our own brains properly. Why put that stuff into a robot? Sounds cruel tot he robot if you think about it.

Lots of things bother me about social media but the people themselves are the actual problem. They just don't seem to care like you said. Try bringing this up on social media sometime. Never use your own identity of course, but try it nonetheless. You may notice the difference between laughing because of paralyzing evil, and laughing because something is actually funny.

Me and my friends have all fake names and fake pictures on our Facebook. I think that's going to be a growing trend

Yeah that is definitely a good idea and it is a growing trend. They're trying to make people be themselves, by demanding phone numbers and verifiable info be handed over to Facebook. They should know, being the evil internet masterminds they are, that people are not themselves - even if they are. Not on social media. Their sandwiches are sliced a little too neatly in pics. I'm not big on modern psychology but word is that horrible things are happening to people because of the portrait them must maintain every 5 minutes. Teens constantly checking their phones to make sure they don't need to commit suicide because the 55 year old psychopathic pedophile (whom they haven't even been raped by yet) hasn't broken up with them. The vulnerability of youth is microscopic when you think about the actual problem to us all though. Still disturbing enough to mention.

I do highly suggest making some fake profiles before it is no longer possible to do so. It is important to show off my meals, and I do get some laughs from watching timelines. Profiles are important. Social media is a golden opportunity for curious people to learn more about themselves, by lurking on lists and taking in the general daily happenings of unknowing strangers from around the world. My take is that most people (Americans) are in a trance. Have been for a few years. Just my own little observation.

How important do you think this topic is? Do you think social media may be the worst thing happening in the world? Subtract war and starvation, or whatever. I mean the worst thing that looks like a good thing. Is it the worst good thing happening in the world, or is there something better? Worse I mean.

Yeah that is definitely a good idea and it is a growing trend. They're trying to make people be themselves, by demanding phone numbers and verifiable info be handed over to Facebook. They should know, being the evil internet masterminds they are, that people are not themselves - even if they are. Not on social media. Their sandwiches are sliced a little too neatly in pics. I'm not big on modern psychology but word is that horrible things are happening to people because of the portrait them must maintain every 5 minutes. Teens constantly checking their phones to make sure they don't need to commit suicide because the 55 year old psychopathic pedophile (whom they haven't even been raped by yet) hasn't broken up with them. The vulnerability of youth is microscopic when you think about the actual problem to us all though. Still disturbing enough to mention.

I do highly suggest making some fake profiles before it is no longer possible to do so. It is important to show off my meals, and I do get some laughs from watching timelines. Profiles are important. Social media is a golden opportunity for curious people to learn more about themselves, by lurking on lists and taking in the general daily happenings of unknowing strangers from around the world. My take is that most people (Americans) are in a trance. Have been for a few years. Just my own little observation.

How important do you think this topic is? Do you think social media may be the worst thing happening in the world? Subtract war and starvation, or whatever. I mean the worst thing that looks like a good thing. Is it the worst good thing happening in the world, or is there something better? Worse I mean.

In Sweden if you're not on Facebook you won't be invited to parties. As well as various events. That's what it's for. That's pretty much the only thing it's for. Nobody uses it to discuss stuff. Oh... and the random positing for pictures. But there's a tonne of social media also used for that.

In Sweden if you're not on Facebook you won't be invited to parties.

That is how it is in America. Some contacts think I'm goofy for using a pseudonm and a profile picture of my cat. Actually I have to divide my life into segments on Facebook, since my Mom doesn't like Salvia and half of my friends don't like the other half due to God and other things they think they're supposed to care about. You know the story. What you end up doing is operating 3 accounts, to maximize the benefits. You're right. Aint nobody inviting you to a party if you don't have social media.

Nobody uses it to discuss stuff

Depends on what you mean by discuss, and where you're talking about. On Facebook (in America) we discuss everything. It hasn't even happened yet... until you have posted it on Facebook. More sophisticated people do it on Twitter and Facebook. Just in case no one saw my spaghetti on Facebook, there is a failsafe with Twitter. My spaghetti WILL be seen. It doesn't even begin to digest until I have a LIKE. It just stays up in my esophagus and gives me that gross heart-burny feeling until I know it is safe to pass the LIKED food to my tummy.

I'm worried. The youth shouldn't see social as an obligation. But it is, because you're a nobody unless you have a profile. Someday it may Be an actual legal obligation to register with facebook, and no one will question because we've let Facebook get away with so much already - and thanked them for it. Like They're doing us a Goddamn favor by squirreling away our info and experimenting on our children. Good God the things they get away with. Unbelievable.

DrZoidberg Someone sent me a thing about a contract with the U.S military and some shadowy psychologists. Supposedly every ten U.S service persons can have up to 100 "sock puppets". They use these sock puppets to torture children. Apparently they put scary faces on sock puppets and pull them out on unsuspecting children in social media. They scream horrifying lies into the faces of the children on social media because it makes them laugh to see children cry. Screaming stuff about the apocalypse, politics, joining the military when they grow up... and some other stuff I found too strange to mention. They actually do this. Using sock puppets to scare kids. How low should we let these fuckers go man?

HOLY F**K I just looked up N. Korea. What in the name of God's eternal HELL are they doing over there? Kim Jong Un is a wild man! Ruins your day when you expose yourself to stuff like that. Out of sight - out of mind, huh. I'd rather continue believing most the world doesn't exist because reading about places like N. Korea depresses me.

Turns out the sock puppets aren't actually made of socks and puppets. I misunderstood at first, but now it makes perfect sense. Potentially 14,299,950 trolls could legally deface all of social media in the name of America. I calculated active service members, not the ones enlisted. It could be so much worse though. at least we aren't in N. Korea.

Back
Top Bottom