• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Is Communism a Religion?

Some argue religion is a characteristic of human civilization, that it is part and parcel of being civilized. Crime, Greed, Fear are too.

I suggest one can make civilizations otherwise. With civilization comes growth, information, longevity, and cooperation.

We shall always be afraid. Being so does not mean since we fear we need find build an iconology against it.

Objective fear can be objectively countered. One can't objectively counter a mythical God which exists for all who believe.

Reactions: DBT
My first reaction is that communism is not anti-science, as most religions are.

Trofim Lysenko: Am I a joke to you?
Trofim-Lysenko-1938.jpg
The Soviet Era's Deadliest Scientist Is Regaining Popularity in Russia

So communism uses science to advance itself and therefore does not need a religious mythology.
Sure, communism uses science to advance itself. That is not very different from Christianity. Christian societies also did not mind using science for their own ends unless it contradicted some of their theology.
Same thing with communism. Science is accepted, unless it, like Mendelian inheritance and evolution through natural selection, clashes with some aspects of ideology.

Is a religion communism? Christianity as a collective.

Back
Top Bottom