• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Is the ThinkPad T seires still the dominant "business" laptop?

NobleSavage

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Before I moved to Mac I always used ThinkPads. I'm gonna need a business laptop with Win 10 when it comes out. I checked out Lenovo's website and I can basically customize it with the things I want. Should I look at other brands? Beyond the specs is there really any difference in the quality hardware with PC laptops? The plastic case/frame seamed kind flimsy with the last ThinkPad I had. I don't need a portable desktop replacement, I don't really need an optical drive, and it has to have an SSD. Probably a 13 inch screen or maybe 15. Beyond that I'd like it to basically be bulletproof.

Before I moved to Mac I always used ThinkPads. I'm gonna need a business laptop with Win 10 when it comes out. I checked out Lenovo's website and I can basically customize it with the things I want. Should I look at other brands? Beyond the specs is there really any difference in the quality hardware with PC laptops? The plastic case/frame seamed kind flimsy with the last ThinkPad I had. I don't need a portable desktop replacement, I don't really need an optical drive, and it has to have an SSD. Probably a 13 inch screen or maybe 15. Beyond that I'd like it to basically be bulletproof.

Just get one of these, and then you don't have to worry about that last criterion.

Just get one of these, and then you don't have to worry about that last criterion.
LMAO I know you are joking, but anyone else reading my "bulletproof" comment, I mean: better than average durability. I know about the Panasonic Toughbooks and no way am I paying that much.

I had a T61

Then an X201 8GB

Then an X230 16GB

The X series are great for portability if you have a big monitor to hook up to when at home.

The good thing about Lenovos are they are milspec so you can usually buy a second hand one quite safely and save a lot.

Back
Top Bottom