• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Is this serious or a parody?

DrZoidberg

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
https://intersectionalityscore.com/

Me and my friends can't agree on whether this is a parody or not. I think serious. Some of my friends think parody. I think it's serious because these gender fluidity queer theory loons have no sense of humour.

What do you guys think?

Obviously a parody. "Don't know how to compare your level of oppression with others? Now, you can!" is not how serious social activists talk.

Nor “you can use it when you’re dealing with others to know who’s more marginalized instead of getting to know them as individuals!” which is transparently a jab at the authors' imagined enemies. No human being talks like that except as a fantasy in someone else's head.

And in any case, the whole point of intersectionality is to learn to think of people as unique individuals, created by a diverse spectrum of experiences and social identities, rather than painting them solely as members of one homogenous class. It was an attempt to combat stupid bullshit like talking about "Black Identity" or "The Black Vote" without realizing that Black identity doesn't necesarily mean the same thing to everyone who happens to share a skin tone.

I'm willing to take a joke of course, but if you're claiming this is serious, than it is "seriously" inaccurate.

It's parody. They claim you can score anyone by simply uploading their photo. That could only possibly use skin color and ignore their other 12 dimensions, which is completely contrary to the whole concept. Although an AI system could assess biological gender with high accuracy, sincere proponents of intersectionality don't acknowledge biological gender as meaningful and would object to using appearance as an indicator of gender identification.

Back
Top Bottom