• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

It takes a President about a year to turn the economy around from the previous Administration.

Rhea

Cyborg with a Tiara
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist
And Trump has validated that, it seems.
The first year it kept doing what it was doing under Obama.
But Trump did finally manage to turn it around for the second year.

(just riffing off the DJIA)

Except Trump MAGA'd it while Obama made us an Islamic state.

Almost every day on the way home from work I tune into "Marketplace" on NPR.

On a regular basis the host reminds the listener that "the stock market is not the economy."

I keep telling myself that when what little I have invested and my 401k take another hit. The stock market is not the economy.

I'm not sure it will help, but that's what I keep telling myself.

Almost every day on the way home from work I tune into "Marketplace" on NPR.

On a regular basis the host reminds the listener that "the stock market is not the economy."

I keep telling myself that when what little I have invested and my 401k take another hit. The stock market is not the economy.

I'm not sure it will help, but that's what I keep telling myself.

Well, that's what I told my broker last week when I instructed him to sell all my equities. "But the underlying economic data is still GREAT!" he protested. I simply pointed out that I am not invested in the underlying economic data, but in the stock market. And I want OUT.
So he got me out, and the market dropped 1100 points over the next two days.

No. NO. You've got it all wrong. Just as the crash that started in late '08 was President Elect Obama's fault, this market drop, if it extends well into '19 will be the fault of the Democratic House. Geez! Don't you know how markets work? They project out about nine months, so when they foresee corporate hating democrats coming into power, they freak the fuck out. Now, this won't be as bad as it was in late '08-'09 when O-bama took the White House and the legislature was lousy with corporate hating liberals but still, expect a recession until the republicans can bring the dems to their senses.
.ti tuoba knihT

Back
Top Bottom