• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

It's gender critical coming out day

Metaphor

Banned
Banned
As a gender critical person (more like: gender atheist), I have become aware that today is gender critical coming out day.

I am not actually willing to come out at work as gender critical, but I have slowly been doing so to trusted friends and family, when the context is appropriate. I do hope to be able to do so at work at one day, though my current reading of the barometer is that the situation will become worse before it becomes better, if it becomes better.

I take, as a starting point, the definition of 'gender critical' from Maya Forstater:

(A) “Sex” is a material reality which should not be conflated with “gender” or “gender identity”.

(B) Being female is an immutable biological fact, not a feeling or an identity.

(C) Sex matters.

(D) In particular it is important it is important to be able to talk about sex in order to take action against the discrimination, violence and oppression that still affect women and girls because they were born female.

To those, I would add corollary

B2: Being male is an immutable biological fact, not a feeling or an identity.

But I would change (D) to say 'it is important to be able to talk about sex in order to take action against any discrimination, violence or oppression that affect people because they are of a particular sex.'

I encourage board members to go on YouTube to see people's statements about coming out as gender critical.

As a gender critical person (more like: gender atheist), I have become aware that today is gender critical coming out day.

I am not actually willing to come out at work as gender critical, but I have slowly been doing so to trusted friends and family, when the context is appropriate. I do hope to be able to do so at work at one day, though my current reading of the barometer is that the situation will become worse before it becomes better, if it becomes better.

I take, as a starting point, the definition of 'gender critical' from Maya Forstater:

(A) “Sex” is a material reality which should not be conflated with “gender” or “gender identity”.

(B) Being female is an immutable biological fact, not a feeling or an identity.

(C) Sex matters.

(D) In particular it is important it is important to be able to talk about sex in order to take action against the discrimination, violence and oppression that still affect women and girls because they were born female.

To those, I would add corollary

B2: Being male is an immutable biological fact, not a feeling or an identity.

But I would change (D) to say 'it is important to be able to talk about sex in order to take action against any discrimination, violence or oppression that affect people because they are of a particular sex.'

I encourage board members to go on YouTube to see people's statements about coming out as gender critical.
"Sex matters" is, definitionally, sexism.
Race realists feel the same way.
Can you explain in more detail please?
Nope
Oh well. Thank you for your substantial and thoughtful contribution to the dialogue.
Let me elaborate then: "Race Realists feel the same way about everything you posted as relates to race, including your modified (D)".

I can say the quiet part out loud, too, but I'll let someone else take a crack first for a bit. Cheers.

"Sex matters" is, definitionally, sexism.
Non.
sexism
/ˈsɛksɪz(ə)m/
noun
noun: sexism

prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex.
Prejudice, stereotyping, discrimination on the basis of sex. Which are, foundationally "decisions that sex matters" and then making decisions on the basis of sex.

I can say the quiet part out loud, too, but I'll let someone else take a crack first for a bit. Cheers.

I don't know what Patooka meant by his post, but I suspect he meant to say 'being gender critical is the same as being racist'. But I don't want to put words in his mouth.

Prejudice, stereotyping, discrimination on the basis of sex. Which are, foundationally "decisions that sex matters" and then making decisions on the basis of sex.
Sex does matter. For example, sex matters in terms of which adults can reproduced with other adults.

Sex matters in disease progression.

Sex matters in upper body strength.

Sex matters in sexual orientation.

Sex matters in all kinds of ways. I'm sorry you are delusional enough to believe differently.

Sex does matter. For example, sex matters in terms of which adults can reproduced with other adults.

Sex matters in disease progression.

Sex matters in upper body strength.

Sex matters in sexual orientation.

Sex matters in all kinds of ways. I'm sorry you are delusional enough to believe differently.
No, the ability to get 23 chromosomes into an egg and supply it with the right butrients matters in terms of which adults can reproduce with other adults. If we want to get right down to it.

Certain chemical precursors matter to disease progression. Sometimes those precursors are directly delivered by gonads and sometimes they are not. What matters is the actual precursor, not "the sex".

Testosterone exposure matters to upper body strength. Testicles are not muscles and muscles are not testicles. It is a chemical, not disparate far removed cells that make this happen. It happens without the cells, with just the chemical.

Certainly, some things are close to sex. But they are not sex exactly.

You cannot just snap your fingers and have all these things BE sex no matter how close they are.

No, the ability to get 23 chromosomes into an egg and supply it with the right butrients matters in terms of which adults can reproduce with other adults. If we want to get right down to it.

Certain chemical precursors matter to disease progression. Sometimes those precursors are directly delivered by gonads and sometimes they are not. What matters is the actual precursor, not "the sex".
Testosterone exposure matters to upper body strength. Testicles are not muscles and muscles are not testicles. It is a chemical, not disparate far removed cells that make this happen. It happens without the cells, with just the chemical.

You cannot just snap your fingers and have all these things BE sex no matter how close they are.
I did not say they were sex. I said sex matters, because it does.

I don't know what Patooka meant by his post, but I suspect he meant to say 'being gender critical is the same as being racist'. But I don't want to put words in his mouth.
Then he would have said 'racists feel the same way.'

Except it doesn't. Sex can be an easy way to achieve these things but sex is neither necessary nor sufficient in the end.

Except it doesn't. Sex can be an easy way to achieve these things but sex is neither necessary nor sufficient in the end.
It is necessary that a person has to be a particular sex for me to be attracted to them sexually.

I know your church preaches against this but I don't belong to your church.

Back
Top Bottom