• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

It's ON! US Election 2014!

Nice Squirrel

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Only the Nice Squirrel can save us.
My ballot just arrived. First time voting by mail as I no longer need an excuse to vote early... but I have been drinking. Franken and the evil Muslim Ellison are no brainers, but still I will vote tomorrow when I've had a change to peruse all the candidate web pages. Sneaky Right Wing Christian judges, I'll find you!

Who else is voting? Voted? Who is in a voter suppression state?

My ballot just arrived. First time voting by mail as I no longer need an excuse to vote early... but I have been drinking. Franken and the evil Muslim Ellison are no brainers, but still I will vote tomorrow when I've had a change to peruse all the candidate web pages. Sneaky Right Wing Christian judges, I'll find you!

We don't even have our sample ballots yet.

We don't even have our sample ballots yet.

I got mine today. In California, we have suppression of 3rd parties and progressive condidaes...just like the other states, but I still vote.

I have received mine, but haven't looked at it yet. I need help to open and to look at real paper things.

I live in a voter suppression state. I didn't have appropriate ID to vote in the last general election. But fortunately the exact same legislation that the Republicans in Georgia passed to try to take away my vote also relaxed the requirements to get an absentee ballot.

Since all of the vote fraud in the last century or so has involved absentee ballots without a single recorded attempt to misrepresent oneself as another in person at the polling place I can only assume that they combined the two, requiring ID and relaxing requirements for absentee ballots, to empathize that the purpose of the legislation was to suppress the votes of the disabled and minorities and to boost the ability to commit fraud by the use of absentee ballots, which would favor Republicans.

Never heard of much election problems in AK.Big thing is outside money,Duh.The senate race is big here,with a lot of negative adds.AK being THE largest state with a small population we seem to do fairly well.The big issue this year is POT.

Voter suppression here is so severe that only a tiny number of people in my state are able to vote in US Elections - less than 0.1% of the total resident population; On the upside, most of us are eligible to vote in Australian Federal, State and Local Elections. :p

I have to question the merit of democracy, after people where I live elected both Stephen Harper and Rob Ford.

Voter suppression state, but not quite. Ohio restricted their early voting days by a week, but it is still 4 weeks. They have made all polls have to operate for the same time ranges, which will lead to problems in urban areas... surprised? They got rid of same day registration. Honestly, if you aren't willing to register to vote before hand... And no voting on the Sunday before election.

Haven't voted yet. Usually vote on Election Day.
I have to question the merit of democracy, after people where I live elected both Stephen Harper and Rob Ford.
But didn't elect Stockwell Day, so at least you have that going for ya.

Back
Top Bottom