• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Jackie Johnson

TomC

Bless Your Heart!
Basic Beliefs
Agnostic deist
Specifically, the indictment (in full at end of the article) accuses Johnson in February 2020 of violating her oath as district attorney “by showing favor and affection to Greg McMichael during the investigation.” Greg McMichael had once worked as an investigator in Johnson’s office.

Ugly as what the McMichaels did, I see Jackie Johnson as worse.

The McMichaels are dumbasses who felt above the law. Violent dumbasses who killed someone. Responding to a nonviolent threat in a violent way.

Sorry guys, but even in Georgia you can't get away with murder. Even if you're white and the victim isn't.

What I find even more disturbing is the assumption that their connections in law enforcement would protect them from accountability. They thought that Jackie Johnson would protect them. And she tried to do so. She almost managed it. But, not quite.

I think that Jackie Johnson committed a worse crime than the McMichaels. They committed one terrible murder. She made it clear that the Justice System isn't about law enforcement. It's about protecting your own.

In this particular case, the truth might come out. It might not if she has powerful friends like the McMichaels had, only more effective at protecting their own.

Jackie Johnson called into question the whole prosecutors office. Are they really about "Justice for All", or "Take Care of Your Own"?

How many other murders out there are ignored because "somebody knew someone down at headquarters"?

While I'm fine with the McMichaels getting serious jail time, I think Jackie Johnson is a more dangerous sort of criminal.
Tom

Doesn't really fix the problem though, does it? All these law enforcement misconduct cases have quite a few glaring similarities. The two biggest problems I suspect is the falsifying and lack of scrutiny towards police statements and the far too comfortable cronyism between law enforcement and other government bodies. Guaranteed this will happen again without those two things being addressed.

Doesn't really fix the problem though, does it? All these law enforcement misconduct cases have quite a few glaring similarities. The two biggest problems I suspect is the falsifying and lack of scrutiny towards police statements and the far too comfortable cronyism between law enforcement and other government bodies. Guaranteed this will happen again without those two things being addressed.
This is why I want to see the Jackie Johnson, et al. case receive as much attention as the McMichaels murder. I don't want it to drop below the "court of the internet" radar.

If Jackie Johnson has better connections than the McMichaels, this might all go away in a news cycle. I don't want that to happen! I think she caused more damage to U.S society than the McMichaels. She proved, beyond a reasonable doubt, that if you've got connections you're above the law. Usually. Almost always.

We need to stop that bullshit. She must suffer the full extent of the law, and then wind up in prison with people she put there because they broke the law.

Not some, "She feels bad about this. Prison is too much for her! That's for other people.".

Nope.
Tom

What I would like to see is something like a law that any offense committed under color of authority automatically doubles the punishment. And this certainly seems like an accessory after the fact.

BRUNSWICK, Ga. – Former Brunswick District Attorney Jackie Johnson got international attention last year after she failed to bring charges in the early days of the investigation of the shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery. Although voted out of office last November, a Glynn County grand jury on Thursday indicted her on two charges connected to the lack of prosecution in that case.

Johnson became district attorney in 2010 when then-Gov. Sonny Perdue appointed her. She would later win the office in an election.

Until she lost her re-election bid last year, she was the top prosecutor for Brunswick Judicial Circuit, which includes Camden, Glynn, Appling, Jeff Davis and Wayne counties. During her decade in that job, she was in charge of several high-profile cases which included some other controversial ones.
More evidence of misconduct in the story.

What I would like to see is something like a law that any offense committed under color of authority automatically doubles the punishment. And this certainly seems like an accessory after the fact.

Would be a nice change from the usual resignations with diversion programs under the imaginary threat of the whole police force quitting if anyone is held accountable.

BRUNSWICK, Ga. – Former Brunswick District Attorney Jackie Johnson got international attention last year after she failed to bring charges in the early days of the investigation of the shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery. Although voted out of office last November, a Glynn County grand jury on Thursday indicted her on two charges connected to the lack of prosecution in that case.

Johnson became district attorney in 2010 when then-Gov. Sonny Perdue appointed her. She would later win the office in an election.

Until she lost her re-election bid last year, she was the top prosecutor for Brunswick Judicial Circuit, which includes Camden, Glynn, Appling, Jeff Davis and Wayne counties. During her decade in that job, she was in charge of several high-profile cases which included some other controversial ones.
More evidence of misconduct in the story.

The same folks complaining about Al Sharpton and friends sitting in a courtroom are highly likely to be ok with Jackie Johnson sitting in the DA office. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom