• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

jailing Trump

Does he or his supporters have dirt on judges?
Yes, if they know where the judge's family members live and work. So they can threaten them in order to threaten the judges.

Here's what "lawfare" looks like: MAGAs in Congress are harassing Judge Merchan's daughter and the company she works for.

"House Judiciary Chair Jim Jordan subpoenaed a company connected to the daughter of New York State Supreme Court Judge Juan Merchan as Republicans continue to claim that her political work influenced how Merchan handled the hush money case against former President Donald Trump."
(source: https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/28/poli...pany-daughter-of-judge-trump-trial/index.html)

So one sort of resistance you can expect from Trump is he'll ask MAGAts in Congress to engage in "lawfare" against 'disloyal' judges (in this case and likely others, by attacking their families), while also continue hinting at his base to hurt people in revenge for the "lawfare" that Dems allegedly do to him.

Last edited:
If it never happens what is the real reason it doesn't happen?

Have they bribed people?

Or are those who would have to send him have things in their closet they could be sent too?
In the end, Trump could go to jail but I would hope for the sake of the US Constitution it would not take place before the election.
. What does the US Constitution have to do with it? It doesn’t prohibit jailbirds or prisoners from the US Presidency.
RVonse said:
Especially considering state trials and/or convictions in heavily biased jurisdictions based on political motivations accomplished without appellate review.

I view this similar to jury nullification, where it is better to let the public have their voice even if that means letting a convicted criminal off.
Incarcerated or not, the election continues, so the public has their voice. No need for your special pleading.

If it never happens what is the real reason it doesn't happen?

Have they bribed people?

Or are those who would have to send him have things in their closet they could be sent too?
In the end, Trump could go to jail but I would hope for the sake of the US Constitution
Which you don't actually care about.

Back
Top Bottom