• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Je Suis Charlie

JonA

Basic Beliefs
Agnostic Theism
Yes, I support Charlie Hebdo's right to publish whatever it pleases without fear of violent reprisal.

Their latest may seem rough, but it actually brings up a very important point (whether the authors intended to or not) that is so often missed, downplayed, or out-right lied about in discussions:

The Islam experiment has failed. Islam is not and never will be an effective way to manage a society and will always let down the members of those societies, especially those most vulnerable and innocent members.

Oppressive theocracies run by competing bipolar warlords simply cannot offer the same benefits to members of a society that liberal, secular democracies can offer.

It wasn't wealthy Western democracies that failed Aylan Kurdi; it was Islam, just as it has failed millions today and throughout history.

Last edited:
What "latest"?

CO5IsmEWsAE0rBu.png

Yes, I support Charlie Hebdo's right to publish whatever it pleases without fear of violent reprisal.

Their latest may seem rough, but it actually brings up a very important point (whether the authors intended to or not) that is so often missed, downplayed, or out-right lied about in discussions:

The Islam experiment has failed. Islam is not and never will be an effective way to manage a society and will always let down the members of those societies, especially those most vulnerable and innocent members.

Oppressive theocracies run by competing bipolar warlords simply cannot offer the same benefits to members of a society that liberal, secular democracies can offer.

It wasn't wealthy Western democracies that failed Aylan Kurdi; it was Islam, just as it has failed millions today and throughout history.

The rise of Islamism in the twentieth century began with decolonisation and the Cold War. Western powers (and the Soviet Union) continued to interfere in politics in North Africa and the Middle East, which created political conflict within these nations. Islamism, or Political Islam, began as a grassroots political movement in opposition to governments that were despotic or corrupt.

The Western powers must therefore share the blame.

In order for liberal, secular democracies to develop in the Muslim world, those nations must first have political stability. The West must stop attempting to force regime change as it has been proven many times over that it only increases chaos and suffering.

Judging by the furor going on in the media it has raised a lot of points. It's hard to say what Hebdo's message is from the cartoon but it is certainly provocative so I am all for it.

I'm also sure that the MSM will have no trouble reproducing this cartoon on their telecasts.

Back
Top Bottom