• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Jesus The Sin Eater?

steve_bank

Diabetic retinopathy and poor eyesight. Typos ...
Basic Beliefs
secular-skeptic
Jesus is a cult of pain. 'The blood' is a common refrain in Chertianity. The church associated with the Catholic grammar school I went to was a small basilica. There was a dome over the alter. Hanging over the alter was a large bigger than life crucified Jesus with garish red blood from a crown of threns, from hads nailed to the cross, and a wound in the side. On the walls around the church were the Stations Of The Cross resented the stages of the suffering of Jesus. On occasions we wpould walk around thenstions behind a priest in prestly costume with a big staff.

Now that I think about it these days it is creepy.

Christians displace emotional and physical pain on Jesus.

The non Jewish Christan Jesus was sent by god intentionally to suffer and carry the pain and sin for all future humans.

A sin-eater is a person who consumes a ritual meal in order to spiritually take on the sins of a deceased person. The food was believed to absorb the sins of a recently dead person, thus absolving the soul of the person. Sin-eaters, as a consequence, carried the sins of all people whose sins they had eaten; they were usually feared and shunned.[1]

I really don’t care. Unless the food is truly exceptional I prefer a crumb in peace. Expecting someone else to subsume every stupidity and indulgence I ever committed doesn’t sound ethical in the first place.

Reactions: WAB
Back
Top Bottom