• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Jews Against Jesus

It's apparent that I'm a better writer than you are, by far.
It's apparent that you disregard the following Bible passages:

Proverbs 8:13: The fear of the Lord is hatred of evil. Pride and arrogance and the way of evil and perverted speech I hate.

Proverbs 11:2: When pride comes, then comes disgrace; but wisdom is with the humble.

Proverbs 16:18: Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.

That being said, I'm having difficulty understanding your misunderstanding. I thought I was clear enough the first time. I was responding to what you wrote earlier,

"True. Soon after Christians rose to power they went after the Jews. I think that Christians are embarrassed by all those Jews who don't buy what Christians say about Jesus being the Messiah."

To which I responded with, "I don't care what the Jews think."
I already explained to you why it's important to use qualifiers.
Obviously, I'm referring to the Jews who thought and who think that Jesus wasn't the Messiah.
Then why didn't you say you were referring to the Jews who think Jesus isn't the Messiah? You assume too much about what people know about what you're referring to. When I took English Comp 2 in college, I made that same mistake, and my instructor corrected me. I learned not to be vague when I write assuming my readers know what I am talking about. Your error is especially egregious in that you continue to make it even after I explained to you why I didn't know what you were talking about. Any good writer responds to her or his readers by making corrections when they point out that her or his writing is difficult to read or understand in some way. A poor writer continues to make the same mistakes and disregards the readers' feedback.
This is why context matters.
Yes, context matters, but good writing skills matter too.
Have you ever considered the possibility that your inability to understand the Bible is a result of your poor reading comprehension?
Talk about a loaded question! As far as understanding the Bible is concerned, many people read it all their lives, yet they come to diametrically opposed interpretations regarding what parts of it mean. I've seen reputable Bible scholars having such disagreements. So the evidence strongly indicates that very often those kinds of difficulties arise from the way the Bible was written and not from any limitations on the part of its readers.

But I do understand that you wish that the Bible is a perfect book so you can go to heaven.

Then why didn't you say you were referring to the Jews who think Jesus isn't the Messiah?

[insult removed]

I've seen reputable Bible scholars having such disagreements.

You're having trouble understanding what a 'falling star' is. You're having trouble understanding that a verse from Psalms, which literally means song or poem, may be figurative. That's a problem. You gotta start reading more, bro.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't take all that Jesus brotherly love that is emanating from this thread.

What will those wild, crazy, wacky Gonostic Christians say next. More fun than a barrel of monkeys.

Jews against Jesus isn't anything new though.
True. Soon after Christians rose to power they went after the Jews. I think that Christians are embarrassed by all those Jews who don't buy what Christians say about Jesus being the Messiah.
I don't care what the Jews think.
That is obvious, given you ignore the moral messages of Jesus the Jew.

Regards
DL
Indeed, like the evil in fornication and marriage between a man and woman? Those evil gay marriages and evil hetero divorced?

Morality is a code. Ethics is how you follow the code. If you say you follow the word/moral code of Jesus, what about gay marriage? Or is your morality, like most Christians, bionically selective?

So much fpr Gnostics Christians representing truth above those evil religions.

True. Soon after Christians rose to power they went after the Jews. I think that Christians are embarrassed by all those Jews who don't buy what Christians say about Jesus being the Messiah.

Regards
DL
Indeed, like the evil in fornication and marriage between a man and woman? Those evil gay marriages and evil hetero divorced?

Morality is a code. Ethics is how you follow the code. If you say you follow the word/moral code of Jesus, what about gay marriage? Or is your morality, like most Christians, bionically selective?

Find our any time you like.

Grow a brain first.

Regards
DL

Does that include the Jews who wrote the New Testament?

Remember the Roman influence that made Jesus divine and attached to the genocidal gay and women hating father.
What Roman influence is that? Jesus evidently did believe his heavenly Father wasn't so heavenly, at least by modern standards.
Constantine was a Roman influence.

IDK what you mean.

Quote what you see Jesus saying.

Regards
DL

The gospels are more Greek than Roman or Jewish.

Jesus is a Greek demigod. Human mother god father. He has some but not all the powers of the god. In the end he dies in an act of salvation for the tribe or clan goring to be with the father god. he halo that became associated with Jesus is Greek.

Classic Greek drama. From a literary analysis the gospels are in the form of what we would call today action adventure. The Acts is the sequel that wraps up the story.

Demigods like Jesus are common in all cultures. They are genrally used to justify polical and social power. We say that in western civilization. The power of the pope. In the USA 'one nation under god'.

As to Armageddon., nuclear weapns were created by the science community. Heisenburg was an unrepentant Nazi. Von Braun was a Nazi but we let him get in here for his knowledge and he became an American space hero.

When a genocide occurs where do the instruments of destruction come from?

You are about as narrow minded as it gets. Your version of critical thinking makes you feel good, just like narrow minded theists.

Last edited:

Regards
DL

Find our any time you like.

Grow a brain first.

Regards
DL
I expect you clearly understand the question and are unable to recnocile words of Jesus and what you believe. At least the Evangelicals are unambiguous in their morality.

I can't take all that Jesus brotherly love
D you equate brotherly love with the mass murder of Armageddon?

Regards
DL
Now you invoke Armageddon, just like the wacky Evangelicals.

The question is to you, where is your brotherly love for all derived from Jesus? Returning 'fuck you' when somene challenges you is what? I doubt you really have any peace in your head and are filled with conflict. My impression is you are a fundamentally unhappy person, and you find others to take it out on.

Let go of your hate Gnostic and embrace The Force, don't let the Dark Side get you....then you will be able to do battle with the evil genocidal Empire.

You are an an mental fantasy trip of doing battle with evil and it makes you feel good, classic Chrisian mythology.

Back
Top Bottom