• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Jordan Peterson and Lindsay Shepher meet in Crowder: Perfect Right Wing Propaganda

Jolly_Penguin

Banned
Banned
Basic Beliefs
Skeptic
How is this not going to sway people to the right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78xNL5rbeB0

Crowder plays the quiet polite host and nudges at the point that the people who came against these two are insane, and how he sees the left always having been that way. Lindsay remains well on the left and Peterson appears to be a centrist. But they both seem to be playing along with Crowder and it would be hard for them not to. This really does make the left look bad and I can't dispute anything that was said.

Crowder does go over the top at the end, but before that it is pretty well done to sway us rightward. And that is a really problem I see with these identity politics authoritarians.

I would like other liberals to comment on what was said here. And I would especially like to see any good rational and logical arguments (not outrage and name calling) in the favour of the people pushing against these two.

I just watched the video. I don’t know anything about Crowder — never heard of him before. I agree that this particular issue makes the left look bad, but I wouldn’t say it’s Crowder making the left look bad; I’d say it’s certain people on the left taking an unreasonable position that makes the left look bad.

I just watched the video. I don’t know anything about Crowder — never heard of him before. I agree that this particular issue makes the left look bad, but I wouldn’t say it’s Crowder making the left look bad; I’d say it’s certain people on the left taking an unreasonable position that makes the left look bad.

It is. I agree with you. But where Crowder adds to it is in his generalizing it to the left. This has indeed become rampant on college campuses but Crowder generalizes it to the whole left in saying "Liberals have been doing this all along and you are only now seeing it". And that is a point that is hitting home with many centrists, poisoning people against the left in general. This video is a prime way of it happening.

Back
Top Bottom