• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Julian Assange address to the council of Europe

RVonse

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
that people in the US are living in the matrx
Here:

"I am free today because after years of incarceration because I plead guilty to journalism. I plead guilty to seeking information from a source. I plead guilty to obtaining information from a source. And I plead guilty to informing the public what that information was."

How you can possibly listen to him and believe you are a free person living in a free democratic country with accountable government where there is justice, mercy, integrity, morality, and the rule of law?

The US government has also asserted a dangerous new global legal position. Only US citizens have free speech rights. Excepting that the US citizens really don't have free speech rights anymore either.

Assange and WikiLeaks tried, and succeeded, in undermining US democracy.
Fuck him, I've got no sympathy.

But I can understand why RVonse thinks he's a hero. Assange dealt a solid blow to the US government, but couldn't seem to find any dirt on the enemies of the USA. He managed to hack the DNC, but not the Teaparty.

Assange is an anti-American, anti-democracy, operative. I'm not sure what about him RVonse thinks is so great.

Oh, wait...
Tom

Assange and WikiLeaks tried, and succeeded, in undermining US democracy.
Fuck him, I've got no sympathy.

But I can understand why RVonse thinks he's a hero. Assange dealt a solid blow to the US government, but couldn't seem to find any dirt on the enemies of the USA. He managed to hack the DNC, but not the Teaparty.

Assange is an anti-American, anti-democracy, operative. I'm not sure what about him RVonse thinks is so great.

Oh, wait...
Tom
Other than practicing journalism what did he do wrong?

It is curious to me that you seem to hate him for purely partisan reasons? It was the Trump appointees–Pompeno and Barr–who did the most to indict Assange for the crime of being a journalist. It was the Obama Justice Department that dropped all attempts to indict Assange as there were no legal grounds for his indictment, but was the Trump Justice Department that reopened the case under CIA pressure.

Other than practicing journalism what did he do wrong?
He was an ideological hacker. That was not journalism. Assange is not a journalist, he's an operative who is opposed to the USA and democratic institutions. He was very successful at undermining the USA.

Sorry, but it doesn't surprise me that you support him and his endeavors. You don't seem very different.
Tom

To say the least Assange is and always was a bit unhinged.

Now he thinks he is a statesman. He needs attention and most importantly money.

He never went after China or Russia and he had a show on Russian TV.

If he had gone after states like Russia or Israel he would have been killed.

America is a very easy target to shake a fist at and build a following, and to garner donations

He was not a journalist. He selectively released classified communications in areas in Africa interring to cause trouble. He denied any reversibility for the resulting violence.

He was lie a kid playing a fantasy game, until it got real and he ended up incarcerated.

Last edited:
Mr Assange is a journalist. He was also a suspect in an alleged sexual assault and rape whose successful flight kept the cases from going to trial.

He is no hero in my eyes.

Assange had an agenda that worked in oppostion ideals. He helped coordinated with the dictator of Russia to interfere with the US election to help provide cover for an admitted sexual assaulter.

Assange isn't pro-truth, otherwise he'd have exposed the despots that supported him or had him be their useful idiot.

Assuage was never a jo0urnlist, if you want to call him one then he was a corrupt journalist.

World Tomorrow, or The Julian Assange Show, is a 2012 television program series of 26-minute political interviews hosted by WikiLeaks founder and editor Julian Assange and funded by RT, the Kremlin-controlled media outlet.[1] [2] Twelve episodes were shot prior to the program's premiere.[3][4] It first aired on 17 April 2012, the 500th day of the "financial blockade" of WikiLeaks, on RT, and last aired on 3 July 2012.[5]

In his The New York Times blog, Robert Mackey called RT "a strange partner" for Assange[22] while Robert Colvile inveighed Assange's show by writing, "After Wikileaks – and its mission to change the world – collapsed under the weight of its leader’s ego, Assange started hosting a TV show sponsored by that noted friend of freedom, Vladimir Putin."[23] In an article for The Guardian, Luke Harding described the show as proof that Assange was a "useful idiot".[24] Another article in The Guardian by Miriam Elder said that it was doubtful Russian "revolutionaries" will make the show's guestlist and reported a tweet by Alexander Lebedev lambasting Assange, tweeting that it was, "Hard to imagine [a] more miserable final[e] for [a] 'world order challenger' than employee of state-controlled 'Russia Today'."[25] New York magazine called the show a letdown and said " it wasn’t even interesting" and that "the most charged few seconds of the broadcast" was the theme song.[26]

Glenn Greenwald of Salon magazine praised the show and condemned the detractors writing for The New York Times and The Guardian.[27] At the end of the season, Tracy Quan wrote an article called "I Love the Julian Assange Show!", describing the show as "addictive, lively, wide-ranging, and informative".[28]

Never anything about Russian aggression and never anything about Chinese labor conditions.

Back
Top Bottom