• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Just watched First Blood...

ZiprHead

Loony Running The Asylum
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Don't be a dick.
There's a scene where Rambo describes the death of his friend. He says the guy cried that he wanted to go home. I've seen similar scenes in other movies, people asking for their "momma" (Saving Private Ryan). I think it's safe to say equivalent with wanting to go home.

What would you, as an atheist and/or skeptic, say to your friend in a similar position?

Last edited:
There's a scene where Rambo describes the death of his friend. He says the guy cried that he wanted to go home. I've seen similar scenes in other movies, people asking for their "momma" (Saving Private Ryan). I think it's safe to say equivalent with wanting to go home.

What would you, as an atheist and/or skeptic, say to your friend in a similar position?

I'd say whatever I felt would make him the most comfortable. If I knew that were religious things, I'd say that. The goal would be yo make his last moments as painless as possible, not to make some philosophical point at his expense.

I'd say whatever I felt would make him the most comfortable. If I knew that were religious things, I'd say that. The goal would be yo make his last moments as painless as possible, not to make some philosophical point at his expense.

My feeling too.

This.

Back
Top Bottom