• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Keyboard Help

ZiprHead

Loony Running The Asylum
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Don't be a dick.
My laptop, and HP Probook 6550b, has a key that has popped off. I can't for the life of me figre ot how to re-attach it.

By the way, can yo figre ot which key it is?

Hmmm... a mystery.
I routinely pop off the back space key on laptops, to prevent the annoying need to go back and correct several lines of inadvertent caps.
I never tried to replace it, though.

I'm not familiar with that keyboard, but my chromebook's keys have plastic bits on the back that clip onto two little metal bars on the board. I might be able to help more if you post a pic.

I found a couple YT videos that make it look so damn easy.

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/QCYOiK9QP08[/YOUTUBE]

I got the bottom part to attach but getting the key to mount is just not working.

I'dhelpbutI'mhavingproblemsofmyown.
I know what you mean. Space bar button has a tendency for that silicone pimple to shift on old age keyboards. I can reach it without taking bar out and put in in place with a small screwdriver on mine.

Okay, figured out the problem. The key cap itself was damaged. Got one off an old dead HP I had and that one worked. It looks like hell because the placement of the letter on the key is in a different location on the key but, considering the age of this machine, I can live with it.

Back
Top Bottom