• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Kirk Cameron Urges Christians To Celebrate Halloween By Sharing The Gospel

Potoooooooo

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...lloween_n_6026056.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular
Actor Kirk Cameron is urging Christians to celebrate a holiday many fundamentalists shun: Halloween.

“When you go out on Halloween and see all people dressed in costumes and see someone in a great big bobble-head Obama costume with great big ears and an Obama face, are they honoring him or poking fun?” the former "Growing Pains" star asked the Christian Post.

"They are poking fun at him," he said. Then, he added:

“Early on, Christians would dress up in costumes as the devil, ghosts, goblins and witches precisely to make the point that those things were defeated and overthrown by the resurrected Jesus Christ. The costumes poke fun at the fact that the devil and other evils were publicly humiliated by Christ at His resurrection.”

Does Kirk Cameron have much of a Christian following or does he just say stupid shit for us Atheists to laugh at?

Does Kirk Cameron have much of a Christian following or does he just say stupid shit for us Atheists to laugh at?

I think (hope?) his career is in the "dancing with the stars" phase.

But if he did that, we'd have to listen to him preach each week....

But overall, he's just a big idiot, trying be impressive.

After all, Halloween comes from "All hallows eve". I don't doubt Cameron can turn it into 'All hollows eve."

Keep in mind we are talking about otherwise intelligent folk who think that 'God's Not Dead" is some kind of masterpiece.

I honestly think many of them are just happy that someone "famous" is proclaiming the faith that they were taught as kids, that they readily overlook the vacuous nature of the people involved.

Keep in mind we are talking about otherwise intelligent folk who think that 'God's Not Dead" is some kind of masterpiece.

I honestly think many of them are just happy that someone "famous" is proclaiming the faith that they were taught as kids, that they readily overlook the vacuous nature of the people involved.

Humans have a remarkable capacity for compartmentalization and confirmation bias, don't we?

All i know is the house where they used to hand out Chick Tracts for Halloween got egged more ofen than the dentist that handed out sample-sized toothpaste...

“Early on, Christians would dress up in costumes as the devil, ghosts, goblins and witches precisely to make the point that those things were defeated and overthrown by the resurrected Jesus Christ. The costumes poke fun at the fact that the devil and other evils were publicly humiliated by Christ at His resurrection.”
I'm curious. When the fuck did that happen in the New Testament?

Is he referring to some sort of Bible Fanfic?

Back
Top Bottom