• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Krystal and Kyle interview Marianne Williamson

lpetrich

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Happy 2021! Welcome to Krystal Kyle & Friends - Krystal Kyle & Friends

Krystal Ball and Kyle Kulinski have started their own podcast. KB is currently at The Rising at The Hill, and KK at Secular Talk. The two kicked off their joint podcast with an interview of Marianne Williamson.
In this (first!) episode, Marianne discusses her intellectual influences, her opposition to the status quo of the Democratic Party, and her views on the populist energy bubbling up around Medicare for All and COVID stimulus checks. Bringing all of these topics together, of course, is Marianne's fierce advocacy for the value of humanity and the promise of a more just world.

What you may find striking is that Marianne transcends the "new-age" spiritual label that is often ascribed to her. ... Hers is a vision that marries pressing demands for justice with profound intellectual considerations of happiness, peace, and the things that give life meaning. After listening to our conversation with her, we think you’ll agree: Marianne Williamson is someone to take very, very seriously.

Krystal Ball and Kyle Kulinski have started their own podcast. KB is currently at The Rising at The Hill, and KK at Secular Talk. The two kicked off their joint podcast with an interview of Marianne Williamson.
In this (first!) episode, Marianne discusses her intellectual influences, her opposition to the status quo of the Democratic Party, and her views on the populist energy bubbling up around Medicare for All and COVID stimulus checks. Bringing all of these topics together, of course, is Marianne's fierce advocacy for the value of humanity and the promise of a more just world.

What you may find striking is that Marianne transcends the "new-age" spiritual label that is often ascribed to her. ... Hers is a vision that marries pressing demands for justice with profound intellectual considerations of happiness, peace, and the things that give life meaning. After listening to our conversation with her, we think you’ll agree: Marianne Williamson is someone to take very, very seriously.

I totally disagree. My problem in politics is not with republicans or conservatives. My real problem is with politicians who base their decisions on magic and/or their religion. Imagine if she had won the presidency in 2016 (rather than just helping Trump). She doesn't believe in vaccines! We'd be really screwed today. Her kooky crystals also tell her that nuclear power is unsafe. What? Nuclear power would have gotten us to green energy 20 years quicker. I think that we need to start shunning people who make their decisions based on magic or whatever else.

I totally disagree. My problem in politics is not with republicans or conservatives. My real problem is with politicians who base their decisions on magic and/or their religion. Imagine if she had won the presidency in 2016 (rather than just helping Trump). She doesn't believe in vaccines! We'd be really screwed today. Her kooky crystals also tell her that nuclear power is unsafe. What? Nuclear power would have gotten us to green energy 20 years quicker. I think that we need to start shunning people who make their decisions based on magic or whatever else.

:rotfl: Dude, I agree, but there would be no one left!

The meek shall inherit the earth. That would be scientists.
Can't happen soon enough for my tastes.

The meek shall inherit the earth. That would be scientists.
Can't happen soon enough for my tastes.

Honestly? I think all the thinkers, inventors, creators, engineers, and people of science need to close ranks against those who would control and own what we have imagined because "We GaVe yOu AcCEsS tO OuR tOoLs", forgetting that they are only "their" tools because they leveraged access to the resources against someone else to get them made as "theirs" rather than under the power of the person who made the tool. Of course, I'm not trying to impugn commissioned work, but rather the rent seeking and the unethical leverage associated with that behavior of "I was here first, give me tribute".

The sooner we refuse to let strong-men take and "own" what we do and make, the sooner that inheritance comes.

Of course part of the problem is that when smart men invent weapons and give them to rather than use them against strong men, the strong men become stronger and we end up deeper in their control.

Back
Top Bottom