• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

L. Ron Hubbard - Marcabs, Aliens, Invader Forces

Dr. Evil? I suspect so. But the video is the voice of Hubbard himself from one of his cassette tapes, explaining all about the evil aliens occupying Mars and Venus. More important information from Elron. Weird and strange buldada.

Thank god. John Travolta's career hasn't been going anywhere lately and it's nice to know that there's a dedicated set of programs for him to star in now.

Sure, Tom Cruise is going to die when he does his own stunts climbing on the outside of a spaceship while asserting that the lack of oxygen in space is only a theory and this will adversely affect the quality of upcoming Mission Impossible movies, but I'm more of a Travolta fan so I see this as an acceptable trade off.

Yes, Scientology.tv will be on the air today. Truly a red letter day for humanity. I have noticed that recently a lot of weird stuff from Hubbard's many tapes have hit Youtube. So it might be possible that interest from Scientology.tv might drive curious onlookers to youtube to discover just how weird Elron's space opera religion really is.

The youtube video I linked to is one of Hubbard's most silly and bizarre bits from his many tapes, in his own authoritative Elron Hubbard voice. (Notice how he mispronounces the word galaxy).

I suspect Scientology.tv will have to be careful not to bore it's viewers to death, and to avoid repulsive attacks on all and sundry who have ever left and criticized Scientology. And since Scientology has never been able to back up its claims that people who struggle through its OT courses get might OT powers and abilities, Scientology will have to soft peddle that aspect of Scientology.

Scientology has long used psychiatry as a whipping boy to divert attention to Scientology's own failings so I suspect we will see a lot of psych bashing on Scientology.tv.
It is going to be interesting to see just what these goofballs do with their shiny new toy.

Well, reviews are coming in on Scientology.tv. Boring and inane. Interviewed a wife and husband banjo maker team who are Scientologists. No horns or forked tails, you see. Some sorry little do-gooder efforts from Scientologists who want to make the world a better place. Well. OK. A few broad bromides from old Hubbard tapes. We are Scientologists. We are here to help you! Not exactly scintillating and no great Scientology type weirdness. Keep the weirdos in basement and away from the cameras. No tours of the RPF "Hole".

I have directTV and have been seeing adds for the upcoming rollout of the new channel. My wife said she is afraid to watch any of it. I asked her why she would be afraid and she said that she believed they would use sublimital messages, hypnosis techniques, and other forms of NLP on viewers. I laughed for a second and then thought, oh yea... prolly.

What I don't understand at all is how this channel came to be and how it is thought it could make any money and what it could possibly do for that organization. Their reputation is so bad that I can't believe that anyone is walking into their churches and looking for a pamphlet. Their organization is purely made up of captive families and the only new "recruits" are born into it.... at least, that was my impression. so what is this channel for? My wife says hypnosis, NLP, etc.. as that org will eventually die from inbreeding sooner than later if not for an injection of fresh DNA.

I have directTV and have been seeing adds for the upcoming rollout of the new channel. My wife said she is afraid to watch any of it. I asked her why she would be afraid and she said that she believed they would use sublimital messages, hypnosis techniques, and other forms of NLP on viewers. I laughed for a second and then thought, oh yea... prolly.

What I don't understand at all is how this channel came to be and how it is thought it could make any money and what it could possibly do for that organization. Their reputation is so bad that I can't believe that anyone is walking into their churches and looking for a pamphlet. Their organization is purely made up of captive families and the only new "recruits" are born into it.... at least, that was my impression. so what is this channel for? My wife says hypnosis, NLP, etc.. as that org will eventually die from inbreeding sooner than later if not for an injection of fresh DNA.

It most likely is not intended to make money. It is intended to create a public face for Scientology, a charm offensive. For example, they have an ongoing effort, the Ideal Org project. They are dragooning long time members for money, money, money to buy nice building and putting big money into refurbishing them to create a public image of a well to do, professional organization people would want to associate with. Never mind these Orgs are almost empty of people, because their local Orgs are not really well attended with lots of people. Never mind the insane large costs and the hard core fund raising. Reports are that people are not flocking to join, but the project roars along.

When you have no steak anybody really wants, you better sell the hell out of the sizzle. The bad press they have gotten over the last 25 years is a big problem. They need to find a way to present a new image. They have large sums of money and aren't afraid to spend some of it. And they think long term. Not always well, but they are in it for the long run.

They probably know they have an image problem and hope this and stuff like the Ideal Org project will turn things around. It probably won't work. Sometimes they do try to change. About 15 years ago they abandoned the silly naval uniforms sea org members sported.Their official website tries hard to peddle a happy fun cult image. It is going to be tough. Teaching a pig to dance.

Thanks Charlie. I didn't realize they still had so much money / assets. that makes sense.. a PR move for the long term.

Back
Top Bottom