• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Lamechs warning

Basic Beliefs
Civilizationist
I dont have all the details worked out yet but here is how it seems to me:

Lamech (All-Mocking?) was the son of Cain and the father of Abel. Abel was an All-Human.

In some verses Lamech is called called A-dam because he was un-domesticated. Undomesticated people like Lamech fear authority and therefore feared the All-Humans.

Lamech feared the All-Humans and attacked and killed many. I suspect he ended up in prison. While there he finally ate of the forbidden fruit and when he did his eyes were opened. He saw that he had been wrong. He saw that the All-Humans were nothing to be afraid of. He saw that he was a Reu-Ad (a bad person)

Lamech then gave speeches to people warning them not to make the same mistake he did.

And Lamech saith to his women Adah and Zillah: I have killed men for wounding me. I have even killed young men just for hurting me because All-Mockers exacts vengence sevenfold just like Cain does. So listen to me women of Lamech, and take heed:

"After 490 years (the real) Adam (Not Lamech) again knew his wife, and she bore a son, and I called his name Seth, `for All-Human had set for me another seed instead of Abel:'

Lamech was 130 when Seth was born.

Where are you getting this information? I'm only familiar with the Genesis myth and in it Lamech was the 5th generation grandson of Cain. Abel was Adam's son, not Lamech's. Seth was the third direct son of Adam who was 130 when Seth was born. Also, according to that myth Lamech only claimed to have slain one "young man."

It’s actually an interesting idea by a guy from Florida I believe

He postulates that the air pressure on the earth was double the pressure it is now, and the oxygen content was much greater that it is now.

This could produce extended life lines that The biblical record recounts

He postulates that the air pressure on the earth was double the pressure it is now, and the oxygen content was much greater that it is now.

Ice core samples show this to be not correct.

Ice core analyses indicates atmospheric oxygen levels have fallen 0.7 percent over the past 800,000 years

This could produce extended life lines that The biblical record recounts

Unfortunately it appears that the opposite is the case. Living in a lower-oxygen environment spurs better cardio-vascular functions which leads to lower rates of heart disease.

Back
Top Bottom