• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

LeeAnn Tweeden Al Franken Controversy

No bar moved. It's.Just.Not.A.Problem.When.Republicans.Do.It.
Kind of. Franken had become the victim of the purity culture Democrats have embraced, esp. in aftermath of #metoo. Franken himself was saying that women should always be believed when they make sexual allegations.

Remember that it was his fellow Democrats, led by Kirsten Gillebrand, who drummed him out of the Senate, not Republicans.

You can't really complain about scumbags like Boebert, Gaetz, MTG etc.
The Boebert grope was mutual and consensual. And what has MTG done again?

Trailer parks, jails, and rehab resorts are full of people who would steal from a blind beggar, pimp out their sister, or perform in Congress about the same as the scumbags.
That first one ("trailer parks") seems classist as well as borderline racist.

What's ineffably sad are the millions of Americans so brainwashed by Putin, QAnon and Tucker Carlson that they vote for these scumbags.
What does Putin have to do with this anyway?

I remember Democratic Senator Al Franken losing his seat after PRETENDING to honk a sleeping girl’s boobs, so yeah, it appears that the bar has been moved.
Well, not really. They're really two different things. Presumably, the sexual touching between LB and her bf was consensual.* With Al Franken, there was no sexual touching, but it could be argued that it was a case of sexual harrassment (even though she was sleeping). Also, IIRC AF was still on official Senator duty on the plane, whereas LB was "off duty" as a Rep at the theater. As a minimum, it was certainly juvenile and unbecoming of a US Senator which is really why I think he was pushed out. Even though I'm not an Al Franken fan, I thought his punishment was over the top, and an apology would have been sufficient.

* Though some would say that words to the effect of, "Do I have your permission to grab your boob?" are necessary for it to be consensual, followed by, "Yes, you do. Can I grab your dick?" I wonder if there is audio we can check to see all that was on the up-and-up? :unsure:
And the whole thing was posed by AF for a photograph. Whereas Lauren Boebert and her drag-queen supporting date didn't know they were being filmed during their mutually-consented-to handsyness. Skeezy Al, if you ask me. Trashy Lauren and Co.

Well, not really. They're really two different things. Presumably, the sexual touching between LB and her bf was consensual.* With Al Franken, there was no sexual touching, but it could be argued that it was a case of sexual harrassment (even though she was sleeping). Also, IIRC AF was still on official Senator duty on the plane, whereas LB was "off duty" as a Rep at the theater.

The photo was from 2006, Franken wasn't elected until 2008. He was there as part of the USO tour, as was the woman.

But I do agree these are completely different things. LB's was consensual, and I have no issue with that part of it really, other than the multiple layers of hypocrisy. The vaping, singing, and flash photography are reasons to kick her out.
Agreed

Kind of. Franken had become the victim of the purity culture Democrats have embraced, esp. in aftermath of #metoo. Franken himself was saying that women should always be believed when they make sexual allegations.

Remember that it was his fellow Democrats, led by Kirsten Gillebrand, who drummed him out of the Senate, not Republicans.

Trailer parks, jails, and rehab resorts are full of people who would steal from a blind beggar, pimp out their sister, or perform in Congress about the same as the scumbags.

What's ineffably sad are the millions of Americans so brainwashed by Putin, QAnon and Tucker Carlson that they vote for these scumbags.
Putin? that raging homophobe who likes to show off non-photoshopped photos featuring his muscly man-boobs

Putin? that raging homophobe who likes to show off non-photoshopped photos featuring his muscly man-boobs
If you're blue, and you don't know where to go to
Why don't you go where fashion sits?

putin-ritz.gif

But seriously, I do not see any connection between him and the Franken non-scandal.

Derec is driven by some sense of logic that eludes me. When discussing the alleged sleaziness of Franken we apparently aren't supposed to mention sleaziness of anyone in the Ilk Derec supports unless the charges against the QOPAnon sleazebag are the same as the charges against Franken.

Franken grabbed boobs? Can't compare this with Trump who only raped women and grabbed pussies. Wake us up when Trump touches boobs the way Franken did. What does Putin have to do with the hypocrisy and dysfunction in the QOPAnon Party? Derec -- You're behind in your reading assignments if you can't answer that yourself. Or are you one of the Twitterers that considers the Russian troll farms discredited because Donnie Junior never went to jail?

You can hardly mention AOC without calling her, irrelevantly, a "bar-girl" but when I give MTG as an example of scumbag, you rush to her defense! Maybe you agree she is a scumbag, but think this thread is a "safe zone" just for calling Democrats scummy.

You like to divide up my post into tiny fragments, so you can pretend to find fault hither and yon. Let me try:
What does
Not "does." DID
Vladimir Vladimirovich? Trump's handler? What does he have to do with verb tenses?
Have? What about the have-nots?
to do with
Do? Do WHAT with WHAT? Any WAY at all?? That's a new charge; have you witnesses? :)

But thanks for the euphemism "this"; let's keep this PG-13. What we saw in the theater was enough. Please don't describe Ms. Boebert's bedroom antics! :)

Derec is driven by some sense of logic that eludes me.
That's ok. Any logic or coherent thought in your post eludes me too.
When discussing the alleged sleaziness of Franken we apparently aren't supposed to mention sleaziness of anyone in the Ilk Derec supports unless the charges against the QOPAnon sleazebag are the same as the charges against Franken.
- This is a thread about Franken. Boebert already has her own thread.
- Who is "my ilk"? I do not support Boebert, MTG or Trump politically.
- I do not think what Franken did was sleazy. As I said, he fell victim to Democratic purity culture and witch hunts in the era of #metoo.

Franken grabbed boobs?
No, he didn't. He merely mimed grabbing boobs during a comedy tour.

What does Putin have to do with the hypocrisy and dysfunction in the QOPAnon Party?
He is a complete derail in this thread about Al Franken.

Derec -- You're behind in your reading assignments if you can't answer that yourself. Or are you one of the Twitterers that considers the Russian troll farms discredited because Donnie Junior never went to jail?
I am sure there are Russian troll farms. What is the relevance to this thread?

You can hardly mention AOC without calling her, irrelevantly, a "bar-girl"
No, that would be you. You can hardly mention her without the reference to her prior profession. I usually just call her AOC.
I have, on a few occasions refer to her previous job. But it was not "irrelevantly" like you did here. I only did it when I wanted to make a point that she wasn't using her much touted economics degree in her professional life. That's quite strange, and that's why I commented on that fact a few times.
but when I give MTG as an example of scumbag, you rush to her defense!
I merely asked what she has supposed to have done to make your list.
Maybe you agree she is a scumbag, but think this thread is a "safe zone" just for calling Democrats scummy.
I dislike her politics and conspiracy theories. A bit much to call her a "scumbag" though. Esp. since this thread is about Franken.

Vladimir Vladimirovich? Trump's handler? What does he have to do with verb tenses?
You mentioned him in this thread. A thread that has zero to do with either him or Trump.

Please don't describe Ms. Boebert's bedroom antics! :)
There is already a thread on her. Why are you derailing this thread?

Back
Top Bottom