• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Let's think up the wrong singers for covering famous songs

repoman

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Science Based Atheism
I was listening to a live band at work last night and they were playing Don't Stop Believing. I started singing along to it in the style the God Shuffled His Feet by the Crash Test Dummies. I am sure it sounded terrible.

I also heard a cover of Use Me by Bill Withers and imagined either a Mrs Miller or Edith Bunker covering it. Not just the age, but also the warble would destroy that song.

I am sure that some similar worst singer covers have already happened and some truly were and some were surprisingly good.

Judy Garland singing Highway to Hell.

- - - Updated - - -

Rainbow Connection (Originally by Kermit the Frog) covered by Rush Limbaugh.

Tom Waits covering Dolly Parton's I Will Always Love You.

Or Mariah Carey covering Waits' 16 Shells from a Thirty Ought Six...although not a "famous song"...

Are you kidding? I can't think of any song Tom Waits would not do an awesome job covering. I had to look up the Dolly Parton song on youtube and give it a listen, but I could totally hear Waits covering it with his gravelly voice, and a down tuned guitar.

Anything sung by Ian Kilmister

Most Yes songs by Trevor Horn (oh, you said famous)

Are you kidding? I can't think of any song Tom Waits would not do an awesome job covering. I had to look up the Dolly Parton song on youtube and give it a listen, but I could totally hear Waits covering it with his gravelly voice, and a down tuned guitar.

No, I'm not kidding. While I agree that Waits could sing just about any song and make it awesome, not every song is a good match for Waits. This song (subject mater, style, etc.) is completely wrong for Waits. It would not be a good match at all.

No, I'm not kidding. While I agree that Waits could sing just about any song and make it awesome, not every song is a good match for Waits. This song (subject mater, style, etc.) is completely wrong for Waits. It would not be a good match at all.
With that in mind, Ted Nugent, We are the World.

Ike Turner, I Feel Like a Woman.

Back
Top Bottom