• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Locked, Loaded, and Securing the Neighborhood

Arctish

Centimillionaire
Basic Beliefs
Agnostic Humanist
from the frigging black males outside racing.

Man 'on neighborhood watch' kills 20-year-old outside home:

CNN said:
A North Carolina man who said he was "on the neighborhood watch" fatally shot a 20-year-old from inside his garage before telling a 911 dispatcher he was protecting his family from "hoodlums," according to Raleigh police.

Chad Copley, 39, was charged with the death of Kouren-Rodney Bernard Thomas, who police said was outside Copley's home when he was shot just before 1 a.m. Sunday. Copley is being held without bond at Wake County Detention Center, police said....

...Much like the Martin case, Sunday's shooting can be partially pieced together through 911 calls.

It begins when a man calls police from Copley's two-story single-family home to report "a bunch of hoodlums out here racing."

"I am locked and loaded," he tells the dispatcher. "I'm going outside to secure my neighborhood. You need to send PD as quickly as possible."

The dispatcher asks, "I'm sorry. You're going out to do what to the neighborhood, sir?"

"I'm going to secure my neighborhood. I'm on the neighborhood watch. I'm going to have the neighbors with me. There's hoodlums out here racing up and down the street. It's 1 o'clock in the morning. There's several dozen of them. They have firearms, and we're going to secure our neighborhood. If I were you, I'd send PD as quickly as possible."...

from the frigging black males outside racing.

Man 'on neighborhood watch' kills 20-year-old outside home:

CNN said:
A North Carolina man who said he was "on the neighborhood watch" fatally shot a 20-year-old from inside his garage before telling a 911 dispatcher he was protecting his family from "hoodlums," according to Raleigh police.

Chad Copley, 39, was charged with the death of Kouren-Rodney Bernard Thomas, who police said was outside Copley's home when he was shot just before 1 a.m. Sunday. Copley is being held without bond at Wake County Detention Center, police said....

...Much like the Martin case, Sunday's shooting can be partially pieced together through 911 calls.

It begins when a man calls police from Copley's two-story single-family home to report "a bunch of hoodlums out here racing."

"I am locked and loaded," he tells the dispatcher. "I'm going outside to secure my neighborhood. You need to send PD as quickly as possible."

The dispatcher asks, "I'm sorry. You're going out to do what to the neighborhood, sir?"

"I'm going to secure my neighborhood. I'm on the neighborhood watch. I'm going to have the neighbors with me. There's hoodlums out here racing up and down the street. It's 1 o'clock in the morning. There's several dozen of them. They have firearms, and we're going to secure our neighborhood. If I were you, I'd send PD as quickly as possible."...

The case will have to determine the degree of actual risk or that he reasonably perceived a risk at the time he shot the person. The story is too sketchy to give any viewpoint.

More information here.

The News&Observer said:
Walker, 20, said he and Thomas were among the last to arrive for the party and that he parked his Ford Taurus behind “a string of cars.”

Walker said he and Thomas weren’t invited and were waiting for someone to give them permission to come inside the home when someone they knew told them, “Bro, it ain’t no girls.”

“If there were no girls there, we figured we might as well go back home,” he said.

Walker said Thomas saw what he thought were police lights. He said his friend wanted to avoid a confrontation because “he had a little weed on him,” so he took off running toward Walker’s Taurus.

“I’m looking at him running the whole time,” Walker said Monday. “I yelled at him, ‘We good now, stop running.’ He turned his head back to me, and that’s when a shot went off. We didn’t know that it came from the house. We were all looking around like, who got a gun?”...

...Police say Copley fired at Thomas from inside his garage. Monday afternoon, glass lay in the driveway and front lawn where the blast apparently came through the window. Blood stains and bloody gauze were left in the yard about 30 feet from the garage, a few feet from the street.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article94248182.html#storylink=cpy

The case will have to determine the degree of actual risk or that he reasonably perceived a risk at the time he shot the person. The story is too sketchy to give any viewpoint.

I think the view point that Mr. Copley should have waited for the cops to take care of the so-called hoodlums is well supported even without the evidence he fired the fatal shot from the safety of his garage and through a frigging window.

More information here.

I think the view point that Mr. Copley should have waited for the cops to take care of the so-called hoodlums is well supported even without the evidence he fired the fatal shot from the safety of his garage and through a frigging window.

At someone 30 feet away - after refusing to give his house number to the dispatcher.

Locked, Loaded, and Securing the Neighborhood

deliv02.jpg

December 12, 2008 -  "The way Donnell Herrington tells it, there was no warning. One second he was trudging through the heat. The next he was lying prostrate on the pavement, his life spilling out of a hole in his throat, his body racked with pain, his vision blurred and distorted.

It was September 1, 2005, some three days after Hurricane Katrina crashed into New Orleans, and somebody had just blasted Herrington, who is African-American, with a shotgun. "I just hit the ground. I didn’t even know what happened," recalls Herrington, a burly 32-year-old with a soft drawl.

The sudden eruption of gunfire horrified Herrington’s companions–his cousin Marcel Alexander, then 17, and friend Chris Collins, then 18, who are also black. "I looked at Donnell and he had this big old hole in his neck," Alexander recalls. "I tried to help him up, and they started shooting again." Herrington says he was staggering to his feet when a second shotgun blast struck him from behind; the spray of lead pellets also caught Collins and Alexander. The buckshot peppered Alexander’s back, arm and buttocks.

Herrington shouted at the other men to run and turned to face his attackers: three armed white males. Herrington says he hadn’t even seen the men or their weapons before the shooting began. As Alexander and Collins fled, Herrington ran in the opposite direction, his hand pressed to the bleeding wound on his throat. Behind him, he says, the gunmen yelled, "Get him! Get that nigger!"

:thinking:

Democracy now is leftist radical, and frankly racist, trash (they love themselves racist black cop killers like Mumia Abu Jamal). "Hidden race war"? The only thing "hidden" are the statistics that say that twice as many whites are killed by blacks than blacks by whites. Yet, the media loves to sensationalize the latter stories so that many, if not most, people believe that there are many more black people killed by whites than vice versa.

Given the facts presented here, it does not look good for the homeowner. However, to go from that (or some black guy shot 11 years ago) to some sort of "race war" waged by whites against blacks is nothing but racist propaganda.

Democracy now is leftist radical, and frankly racist, trash (they love themselves racist black cop killers like Mumia Abu Jamal). "Hidden race war"? The only thing "hidden" are the statistics that say that twice as many whites are killed by blacks than blacks by whites.

I'm sure you can find the Stormfront-stat/article that proves that.

:rolleyes:

No, FBI homicide data.

You know, not everybody who disagrees with racist left-wing axioms like "blacks are all oppressed, whites are all racist oppressors" is a Stormfront member. :banghead:

So, what.....those tables are a result of convictions....or, just reports.....and, why only 2014??

"Law enforcement agencies collect detailed incident level data regarding individual offenses and arrests and submit them using prescribed data elements and data values."

More information here.

Perhaps you're right but to quote from the article:

The office told CNN that Raymond Tarlton would represent Copley. Tarlton's office issued a brief statement saying it was in the preliminary stages of its investigation and cautioning against a rush to judgment.

"We have seen too many wrongful convictions for anyone or any organization to jump to conclusions on the basis of someone being charged," the statement said.

If the investigators haven't concluded their investigation then we can only speculate.

If the investigators haven't concluded their investigation then we can only speculate.
Yeah, but the shooter's own words are pretty damning. He does not say that anyone was threatening him. He does not say anyone was near him. So, unless he changes his story, this guy is in deep trouble.

Democracy now is leftist radical, and frankly racist, trash (they love themselves racist black cop killers like Mumia Abu Jamal). "Hidden race war"? The only thing "hidden" are the statistics that say that twice as many whites are killed by blacks than blacks by whites.

:rolleyes:

Well, he's wrong--twice is an understatement.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u....s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-6

Yeah, but the shooter's own words are pretty damning. He does not say that anyone was threatening him. He does not say anyone was near him. So, unless he changes his story, this guy is in deep trouble.
For sure. He appears to be a fucked duck whether he changes his story or not. Even if he comes around to saying he accidentally discharged his shotgun it still looks bad. He's gonna be pounding salt for a while.

Back
Top Bottom