• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Looking for Existence of God(s)??

Maverick

Basic Beliefs
Atheist
I moved EoGs to a new location under the religion header to hopefully generate more traffic. Join in the discussion here!

Yeah really. No doubt. Whales know they belong in salt water. Like, why else would they be whales? Sucks to be a whale. Did you see the other day like 90 whales beached themselves off the coast of somewhere? That is some sad stuff. The solar system is probably to blame somehow.

Even atheists are searching for (evidence of) God.

And I think the experience of thirst/hunger proves the existence of water/food.

"...whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

Even atheists are searching for (evidence of) God.

And I think the experience of thirst/hunger proves the existence of water/food.

"...whoever drinks the water I give them will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life."
Don't be so fucking stupid.

No .. Lion is right it , scientists who 'bother' to investigate. (No doubt through the evolution process some may end up being one of the two,)

...................................................Theist

Atheist => Agnostic => Excited =>....... or

................................................... Intelligent design-ist

May they find what they seek.

No I am not. If it comes it comes, if not it doesn't.

I will live my life trying to make this a better world in the way that I can. If there is a kind and loving god, he she or it (more than likely the real identity) will judge me on on my own merits and flaws. If there is no God then I will be remembered fondly7 by those I left behind.

I see a useful comparison between a person looking for God, and a whale searching for the ocean.
It seems you're saying that a person looking for God is really, really dumb.

I think this is needlessly disparaging. Not all people looking for God are really, really dumb.

Also, I don't know personally any whale searching for the ocean. Whales in my opinion would not be that dumb.

Typically, a whale would be searching for the ocean if it found itself in a place where there was obviously no ocean, usually to no avail.

Is that what you are trying to say? That we all have evidence that there is no God here so that we desperately search for Him? To no avail?
EB

Many humans are pathetic and are looking for some giant father figure to calm their fears.

There are no giant apes with white beards and magic powers to answer our dreams.

And pretending there are drives us further from helping ourselves as it divides.

Back
Top Bottom