• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

MAGA targeting WI House Speaker (R-but not MAGA)

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
So I heard in passing that the house speaker in Wisconsin was possibly facing a recall. The GOP control the House in Wisconsin, so I was curious why the Democrats would push an angle like this. It is a dangerous thing to do as they really want to win seats and a recall could push Moderates away from the cause.

And then I found out, it wasn't the Democrats.
article said:
“With more than 10,000 signatures on our recall petition, they’ve said it loud and clear: they’re tired of the status quo and demand new representation,” Matt Snorek, who started the campaign in January, said in a statement.

Vos has dismissed the recall attempt as a waste of time and resources, which he reiterated in a statement Sunday. He questioned the group’s tactics and the validity of the signatures, promising that a team he had assembled would “evaluate each individual signature.”

The recall effort targeting him highlights continued frustration among Trump’s supporters in battleground Wisconsin over his loss in the 2020 election and how Vos responded to it. That includes how Vos refused attempts from Trump and his supporters to decertify Biden’s win and how he didn’t move forward with impeaching Wisconsin’s top elections official.
This is becoming the most surreal political landscape I've ever seen. Democrats are primarying other Democrats in an attempt to either become more liberal or more moderate. The Republicans are trying to recall Republicans because they aren't Pro-Trump enough.

Similar lunacy brought about the fall of the Roman, Persian & yes even the Mongolian empire. It's called everyone for themselves.

Back
Top Bottom