• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Malware that even an anti virus provider cant deal with

Actually it does have such perception, OS tells it time.
But it does not really need that, it can simply wait for 2 months of ON time or 100 Power_Cycle_Counts :) Then infect your OS and then switch off completely by flashing itself an original and legitimate firmware That way nobody will find a trace, unless of course you were specifically waiting for virus act up.

And where does the OS tell the HD the time???
Don't know, but I have a hard drive which reports absolute time of some minor malfunction.
In any case as I said it is pretty irrelevant.

Don't know, but I have a hard drive which reports absolute time of some minor malfunction.
In any case as I said it is pretty irrelevant.

The hard drive reports it or the logging function of the OS reports it?
not logging, hard drive itself via SMART. Not exact time, just a date.
Oh, wait, I just checked it's based on ON time.
So never mind :)

Last edited:
I've had lots of malware get past a variety of anti-virus software. There's nothing that can stop everything.

I've had lots of malware get past a variety of anti-virus software. There's nothing that can stop everything.
Well, problem is windows, not anti-virus software. If MS really wanted they would have made it more difficult for malware to spread.

The new stuff sometimes gets past. The old stuff has a basically 100% detection rate--and what we are talking about would be old stuff.

Back
Top Bottom