• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Man in wheelchair is handi-capable of sweet, sweet racism

Do you use racist epitaphs when someone annoys you?

WPc7Mwr.png

had some full body chills to this, haven't heard in a long time

So if Derec were annoying you, you may write "Shut up you white trash cracker" and you'd do it in a serious way without joking or parody?

No, I wouldn't. But it doesn't surprise me when people on here get annoyed at Derec and mock him for seeing prostitutes, for example. They probably imagine it to be a sore spot for him so they kick him where they think it hurts. Since we're speaking of Derec, I'd also like to say that I admire Derec for how polite he remains in the face of so many here that sling mud at him.

In a similar way, it doesn't surprise me when I see somebody berating somebody over and over and making it obvious that race is a sore spot for them, that the person they are berating may shoot back something about race. They may not even view race as important to themselves or believe what they say. They say it because they know it hurts.

Well those who can help such souls have thrown our hands up in the air. To us it is so easy, but to the person it is very difficult. It is an attitude problem, to those souls it is a crippling world attitude-racial problem.

Two apes were playing a game of one-upmanship.

The vid may or may not have a racist in it. The most definite thing it shows is what male apes do when using verbal assaults as a substitute for physical ones. The one fellow got a video because he's trickier at the game, trying to shame his enemy into an apology as his way of "winning". Or making the world more just, LOL.

So if Derec were annoying you, you may write "Shut up you white trash cracker" and you'd do it in a serious way without joking or parody?

No, I wouldn't. But it doesn't surprise me when people on here get annoyed at Derec and mock him for seeing prostitutes, for example.

In other words, there's something else going on, some other variable that controls for people using racist terms in a mean-spirited way. I wonder what that could be.

In other words, there's something else going on, some other variable that controls for people using racist terms in a mean-spirited way. I wonder what that could be.

Mean-spiritedness, lack of self control, general rudeness. This particular sort of scenario is where you can have racist epitaphs without any actual racism. The targeting of what people's hot buttons are is what such folks will do, and race is often such a button to push. Just like if a troll can trigger you by saying something racial to you, that's what they will do, as opposed to poking at you for your weight or height if those were your buttons to push.

[...] you can have racist epitaphs without any actual racism.
I agree. To go even further, a racist who generally suppresses the inner desire to outwardly express racial slurs might unleash a racist epitaph, not because he has lost temporary control and the true feelings are now therefore surfacing but instead because he wants to upset the person and knows that'll help do the trick.

So, not only can you have racist epitaphs without any actual racism, but you can have racist epitaphs with actual racism that does not serve as a basis for the racist epitaph.

Mean-spiritedness, lack of self control, general rudeness. This particular sort of scenario is where you can have racist epitaphs without any actual racism. The targeting of what people's hot buttons are is what such folks will do, and race is often such a button to push. Just like if a troll can trigger you by saying something racial to you, that's what they will do, as opposed to poking at you for your weight or height if those were your buttons to push.

...and yet here you are saying YOU would never do it to be mean. A contradiction.

These are not the epitaphs you're looking for. Find some gravestones that say "WETBACK" and "CRACKER". :poke_with_stick:

Those would indeed be racist words, but their existence does not make inappropriately reducing someone's life on a gravestone to a racial label not some kind of racism and besides that the regular phrase is "racial epithet" as opposed to racist epitaph.

I have a dream that one day there will be an epitaph written for racism. 😢

But long live the malapropism. 🗽

Those would indeed be racist words, but their existence does not make inappropriately reducing someone's life on a gravestone to a racial label not some kind of racism and besides that the regular phrase is "racial epithet" as opposed to racist epitaph.
No doubt; but Cracked illustrating a malapropism by photoshopping a picture of some rocks doesn't reduce anyone's life to a racial label. If you get to make fun of people substituting words, so do I. ;)

No doubt; but Cracked illustrating a malapropism by photoshopping a picture of some rocks doesn't reduce anyone's life to a racial label. If you get to make fun of people substituting words, so do I. ;)

Except I did say it's still racist, you just don't agree. So there.

Back
Top Bottom