• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Maryland and DC sue Trump over Trump Tower

Except with an LLC, it can be very complicated and the sale itself is the "future gain". A blind trust is supposed to take motive out of sales, other than good business.

I am not exactly comfortable with the idea that he has waited until he is president to find the "highest bidders" for his holdings..
Good news, a good deal of the sales were before the election.
...that opens lines of investigation on who is paying what for what. but ultimately, this sounds better than a "blind trust" that is either not blind at all, or represents future profit off of foreign investment in bloated deals and promises.
This pretty much shows us why a "billionaire" being President isn't a good idea.

- - - Updated - - -

There are couple of issues here.
1) He isn't liquidating shit. He is just selling properties. Well, he isn't selling them, his business is, the one he is still in charge of.
2) I think Trump has become such poison that no one wants to be seen doing business with him, so they create LLCs as cover... and apparently in many cases accounting simplicity.
3) The presence of the LLC can be problematic as it very well can lead to parties that want to curry favor with Trump for political gain.

It is a muddy mess, which is why there is supposed to be a blind trust (not run by your sons, with you still the paper head of the company). But Trump's legit holdings make a blind trust nearly impossible. And the shit record keeping by the Trump Organization just makes this look shady, even if on the up and up.

Another (the main) reason to create an LLC is to limit the liability one has (that is what it means... Limited Liability Company). If Trump is going down for money laundering (a distinct possibility) through his real estate dealings over the past 5 years, then any investor would want to protect themselves from him through that vehicle. no?
The point is there are legit and illegitimate reasons for an LLC to buy property from Trump. We almost need a new wing of the SEC to oversee it!

Let's get Jon Stewart's Leibowitz's brother in charge of it.

Except with an LLC, it can be very complicated and the sale itself is the "future gain". A blind trust is supposed to take motive out of sales, other than good business.

Good news, a good deal of the sales were before the election.
...that opens lines of investigation on who is paying what for what. but ultimately, this sounds better than a "blind trust" that is either not blind at all, or represents future profit off of foreign investment in bloated deals and promises.
This pretty much shows us why a "billionaire" being President isn't a good idea.

- - - Updated - - -

There are couple of issues here.
1) He isn't liquidating shit. He is just selling properties. Well, he isn't selling them, his business is, the one he is still in charge of.
2) I think Trump has become such poison that no one wants to be seen doing business with him, so they create LLCs as cover... and apparently in many cases accounting simplicity.
3) The presence of the LLC can be problematic as it very well can lead to parties that want to curry favor with Trump for political gain.

It is a muddy mess, which is why there is supposed to be a blind trust (not run by your sons, with you still the paper head of the company). But Trump's legit holdings make a blind trust nearly impossible. And the shit record keeping by the Trump Organization just makes this look shady, even if on the up and up.

Another (the main) reason to create an LLC is to limit the liability one has (that is what it means... Limited Liability Company). If Trump is going down for money laundering (a distinct possibility) through his real estate dealings over the past 5 years, then any investor would want to protect themselves from him through that vehicle. no?
The point is there are legit and illegitimate reasons for an LLC to buy property from Trump. We almost need a new wing of the SEC to oversee it!

Let's get Jon Stewart's Leibowitz's brother in charge of it.

Interesting that a post like that would come from someone with a kekistan pic for their profile.

That was a Trump joke and also that Jon Stewart's brother, Larry Leibowitz, worked for the NYSE then.

c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636.jpg

Calling Jon by Leibowitz is such a weak sauce argument, especially considering he's a part of Hollywood, where names are changed as a matter of course. I would expect no better from a such a low intelligence subpar human being as Trump. Or anyone willing to follow him off the cliff.

Well now we have a financial statement and it does show a hole bunch of LLCs

here

A Limited Liability Company is a common way to do business in the USA and many people own dozens or even a few hundred.

Captain Obvious

Um, Captain Obvious, thank once again for useless trivia that has next to nothing to do with what is being discussed. This is what you, Russian propaganda, and Bots have in common. They change the subject or involve trivialities that ignore the core of the argument, and blow smoke and mirrors to change the subject. Yo are very much like a bot in that both of you display a maddening amount of GIGO. A bot cannot help itself. If it's programmed with garbage, that's what result we will get. You, by selectively allowing only information in that you agree with, make rubbish arguments.

Here: I have a new better, avatar for you.

A Limited Liability Company is a common way to do business in the USA and many people own dozens or even a few hundred.

Captain Obvious

Um, Captain Obvious, thank once again for useless trivia that has next to nothing to do with what is being discussed. This is what you, Russian propaganda, and Bots have in common. They change the subject or involve trivialities that ignore the core of the argument, and blow smoke and mirrors to change the subject. Yo are very much like a bot in that both of you display a maddening amount of GIGO. A bot cannot help itself. If it's programmed with garbage, that's what result we will get. You, by selectively allowing only information in that you agree with, make rubbish arguments.

Here: I have a new better, avatar for you.

I merely referred to this statement:

Well now we have a financial statement and it does show a hole bunch of LLCs

where I pointed out there are lots of LLC's in the USA. This would run at least to 100s of thousands. Pointing this out is hardly effective Russian Propaganda; any accountant can do the same.

Capt Obvious.

Um, THIS is the bit that's relevant that your brain won't even possibly entertain finding the least bit suspicious.

Is there anything this guy does that you won't defend? Do you have any criticisms of him at all?

POTUS was a business decision for Trumpty Dumpty. People who voted for him because they thought he had any intentions other than enriching himself had their heads up their asses.

Now can we just launch a bunch more cruise missiles and move on please?

Um, THIS is the bit that's relevant that your brain won't even possibly entertain finding the least bit suspicious.

Is there anything this guy does that you won't defend? Do you have any criticisms of him at all?

That is exactly what I was referring to when I posted about the LLC's.

Back
Top Bottom