• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Math and string theory

Basic Beliefs
Physics n stuff...
Anyway, if I call the calculus Newton developed a stride in math, regardless if his ideas in physics being testable or not, the math has applications by itself.

I don't have the budget to test string theory by experiment, but has the math it potentially has developed have other applications?

This awkwardly-worded question doesn't seem to have a magic answer like "calculus". I looked at the wiki page, scrolled all the way down to the footnotes and said to myself: "Heck no, I ain't lookin' for a magic answer here - I'll make a post and ask".

outside of testing specific features of the mathematical model and how they relate to models of Black Holes, there are currently no practical applications.

A potential application, once sufficiently understood, would be alchemy... the ability to manipulate the fundamental properties of matter... establishing quantum leaps with the proper geometry that lead to stable transformations.... of lead to gold, for example. Fully understanding string theory would provide the understanding of how to do this as easily as it is to transform gasses into liquids by manipulating temperature... given sufficient energy to do so.

Back
Top Bottom