• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Maybe W was right?

Ok, you can quit criticizing me now. I get the point. I never knew the particulars.
Which is what helped get 10,000 American soldiers maimed or killed and over 100,000 Iraqis slaughtered in sectarian violence.

I didn't vote for W and I was against the stupid war from day 1. I figured the "threat of WMD" was overblown and most importantly, the idea that we could turn Iraq into a model democracy was bat-shit-insane.

I didn't vote for W and I was against the stupid war from day 1. I figured the "threat of WMD" was overblown and most importantly, the idea that we could turn Iraq into a model democracy was bat-shit-insane.

At the time about 60% of the American public supported the invasion.

I attribute that mostly to the one sided corporate media coverage and Colin Powell's presentation at the UN.

The ideas were bat-shit insane and Powell's presentation was a pack of lies, but 60% of the American public bought it. And the US Congress approved it.

I attribute that mostly to the one sided corporate media coverage and Colin Powell's presentation at the UN.

The ideas were bat-shit insane and Powell's presentation was a pack of lies, but 60% of the American public bought it. And the US Congress approved it.

I didn't support it. I never believed any of the bullshit. Two years later when one of my RWN(right wingnut) friends said something along the lines of, "Who knew the Iraqi's would start fighting each other, when Saddam was gone?" I replied, "An out of work car mechanic in Baton Rouge knew it. Are you telling me that nobody in Washington DC could figure it out?"

I didn't support it. I never believed any of the bullshit. Two years later when one of my RWN(right wingnut) friends said something along the lines of, "Who knew the Iraqi's would start fighting each other, when Saddam was gone?" I replied, "An out of work car mechanic in Baton Rouge knew it. Are you telling me that nobody in Washington DC could figure it out?"

I'm not claiming you supported the invasion.

But even if you did, I think being fooled by a bunch of very effective liars and a complicit media would be a valid excuse.

Are you telling me that nobody in Washington DC could figure it out?"
There is an interview Dick Cheney did in the 90s and he explains in great detail the Sunni/shia sectarian divide, the Kurds their effect on Turkey if they rebelled from Iraq and why Bush Sr was wise not to topple Sadamn.

Back
Top Bottom