• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Meanwhile, poor Melania

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
link

Apparently someone taped Melania in 2018 and they have a book coming out.
article (I removed censored text) said:
"I'm working ... my ass off on the Christmas stuff (was this The Shining Christmas stuff or the better stuff the following year?), that you know, who gives a fuck about the Christmas stuff and decorations? But I need to do it, right?"

She continued, "OK, and then I do it and I say that I'm working on Christmas and planning for the Christmas and they said, 'Oh, what about the children that they were separated?' Give me a fucking break. Where they were saying anything when Obama did that? I can not go, I was trying get the kid reunited with the mom. I didn't have a chance -- needs to go through the process and through the law."

In another recording, Melania Trump emphasizes the reaction of migrant children brought "by coyotes" as evidence of the detention centers' quality and "the way they take care of them."
"The kids, they say, 'Wow I will have my own bed? I will sleep on the bed? I will have a cabinet for my clothes?' It's so sad to hear it but they didn't have that in their own countries, they sleep on the floor," Melania Trump says on the tape. "They are taken care of nicely there. But you know, yeah, they are not with parents, it's sad. But when they come here alone or with coyotes or illegally, you know, you need to do something."
Let them eat cake.

This book I think is written by someone that scammed the Inaugural Ball, so they probably are an asshole too. They seem to coagulate.

MURRAY 🇺🇸🗽 on Twitter: "@realDonaldTrump Speaking of the First Lady, those #MelaniaTapes are worth listening to! Melania is 100% complicit in Trump's destruction of America. And, evidently, she doesn't have much interest in organizing the Christmas decorations at the White House!!! https://t.co/j2rvn5kZxh" / Twitter

Secret recordings show Melania Trump was frustrated about criticism of Trump 2018 border separation policy: CNN | TheHill
"They say I'm complicit. I'm the same like him, I support him. I don't say enough I don't do enough where I am," Melania Trump said.

"I'm working ... my ass off on the Christmas stuff, that you know, who gives a f--- about the Christmas stuff and decorations? But I need to do it, right?" she said.

"OK, and then I do it and I say that I'm working on Christmas and planning for the Christmas and they said, 'Oh, what about the children that they were separated?' Give me a f---ing break,” she added.

“Where they were saying anything when Obama did that? I can not go, I was trying get the kid reunited with the mom. I didn't have a chance — needs to go through the process and through the law."
She has a very noticeable accent, but her English is good enough for her to use a certain profanity.

She claims that some detained migrant kids appreciated their surroundings.
"The kids, they say, 'Wow I will have my own bed? I will sleep on the bed? I will have a cabinet for my clothes?' It's so sad to hear it but they didn't have that in their own countries, they sleep on the floor," she said in the recording, according to CNN. "They are taken care of nicely there. But you know, yeah, they are not with parents, it's sad. But when they come here alone or with coyotes or illegally, you know, you need to do something."

She suspects that some migrants are lying about claiming to be fleeing danger.
"A lot of like moms and kids they are teached how to do it,” she said. “They go over and they say like, 'Oh, we will be killed by a gang member, we will be, you know, it's so dangerous.’ So they are allowed to stay here."

"It's not true that they would, you know what I mean," the first lady said, adding that "they're not professional but they are teached by other people what to say to come over and to you know let them go to stay here. Because they could easily stay in Mexico, but they don't want to stay in Mexico because Mexico doesn't take care of them the same as America does."

The Melania Trump recordings bust the “Free Melania” myth - Vox - "Turns out the first lady is a lot like her husband."
... the first lady complains to then-friend Stephanie Winston Wolkoff that the media is bothering her about the Trump administration’s policy of separating migrant children from their parents at the US border.

“They said, ‘Oh, what about the children, that they were separated?’ Give me a fucking break,” she says on the tape, according to the CNN transcript. “Where they were saying anything when Obama did that?”

The Obama administration did not, in fact, pursue a policy of separating children from their parents at the border. And Trump’s statements on the tape suggest that, far from secretly disapproving of her husband’s administration, she is actually on board with its aims and angry at those who criticize them. She’s also mad about the “liberal media,” who she believes are treating her unfairly.

"Free Melania" refers to the belief of some people that she is an unhappy kept woman. But from the tapes, she turns out to be much like her husband.
... Melania Trump argues that actually, the conditions for migrant children in detention at the border are quite good. ...

She also claims that mothers and children lie about being persecuted in Mexico so they can get asylum in the US ...

On the tape, Melania also appears to reveal that her infamous “I really don’t care” jacket, worn on a visit to a detention center in June 2018, was an effort to troll left-wingers. “I’m driving liberals crazy,” she says, “and they deserve it.” (She had previously stated publicly that the jacket was meant as a message “for the left-wing media who are criticizing me.”)

There are moments on the tape where Melania appears to resent being lumped together with her husband. “They say I’m complicit, I’m the same like him, I support him,” she says at one point. “I don’t say enough, I don’t do enough.”

But overall, the sense is of a first lady who is on board with her husband’s policy and believes in the ideas behind it ...

Moreover, the Melania captured on the tape is someone who actually has a lot in common with her husband — someone who feels aggrieved and mistreated by a “liberal media” that never acknowledges her accomplishments. As she says, “they’re against us.” It’s the same message Trump has repeated throughout his presidency, as when he claimed in 2017 that “no politician in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly” by the media.
But at least she is not as addicted to superlatives as her husband is.

Some of Melania's actions do suggest that she is an unhappy marriage. Like her husband once reaching out to hold hands and her responding by slapping.

First lady's hand swat a viral sensation - CNNPolitics

-

Another feature of those secretly recorded conversations is Melania's accent. She is from Slovenia, and English is not her first language.

Her supporters claim that she can also speak German, French, and Italian. Is Melania Trump Fluent in Five Languages? But there is very little evidence of that. For French and Italian, she is known to have used a few simple phrases like "How are you?" and "I'm Melania". For German, there is no recorded evidence.

There is a language that she might know: Serbo-Croatian. Melania was born in 1970, and back then, Slovenia was a part of Yugoslavia. The most widely-spoken language in that former nation was Serbo-Croatian, and it is close to Slovenian -- both are classified as Western South Slavic languages.

So I'd rate Melania as fluent or halfway fluent only in Slovenian, Serbo-Croatian, and English.

An intresting contrast is how the GOP tells us we should all be tolerant of her poor English after living here for TWENTY FIVE YEARS while simulatenously slamming new immigrants for not knwoing english yet.

I figure in 20 years I really do expect her to be fluent in and comfortable in English.

An intresting contrast is how the GOP tells us we should all be tolerant of her poor English after living here for TWENTY FIVE YEARS while simulatenously slamming new immigrants for not knwoing english yet.

I figure in 20 years I really do expect her to be fluent in and comfortable in English.

Those who learn a foreign language as an adult will usually speak it with flaws no matter how long they live in the new country.

Those who learn a foreign language as an adult will usually speak it with flaws no matter how long they live in the new country.

Whoosh.

Rright. So why do the GOP slam immigrants for not knowing english well enough,, then? You completely missed that part of the sentence?

My contrast was: Why do the GOP expect tolerance for her poor command of english (she has trouble reading a speech!) after 25 years in America, and at the same time bash recent Mexican immigrants for not speaking english well?

That was the point of my comment, taken as a whole sentence that meant something all together as one piece.

(I know adults will have accents for a long time, my inlaws are (were) not native speakers)

Rright. So why do the GOP slam immigrants for not knowing english well enough,, then? You completely missed that part of the sentence?

My contrast was: Why do the GOP expect tolerance for her poor command of english (she has trouble reading a speech!) after 25 years in America, and at the same time bash recent Mexican immigrants for not speaking english well?

That was the point of my comment, taken as a whole sentence that meant something all together as one piece.

(I know adults will have accents for a long time, my inlaws are (were) not native speakers)
But Slovenia, a nation 90% of Conservatives mistake for Slovakia, isn't a "shithole country".

I'm not going to fault anyone for accents and grammar issues no matter how long they've been here.

I'm not going to fault anyone for accents and grammar issues no matter how long they've been here.

WHOOOSH! You also won't fault anyone for raging hypocrisy, either.

Melania Trump Christmas decorations told us everything we needed to know about the first lady - The Washington Post
The decor contains many roses, white lights and hanging ornaments — airplanes, speedboats — which Melania looks up at and beholds in wonder. There is a painting of a reindeer and another one of a fox; there is an ornament of an American flag and another one reading “Be Best,” referencing the first lady’s launch-failure of a signature initiative. There is a banner celebrating the 19th Amendment, which now comes across as fourth-dimensional trolling given that the majority of American women voters used their ballots to eject Melania’s husband from the White House.

Melania’s Christmas videos contain ornaments ostensibly made by children (extremely artistic children), but there is no evidence of actual children: no footage of visiting school groups, no sloppy handmade gingerbread, no festive soundtrack of recognizable child-friendly Christmas carols. The videos contain messages that the White House represents America’s “home,” but it’s depicted as the kind of a place where they give you a pair of slip-on hospital booties as soon as you walk in the door.

Surely, the pretense of elegance had fallen away by the time an audio recording was leaked in October. “Who gives a f--- about Christmas stuff and decoration?” the first lady complained to a confidante on the phone. “But I need to do it, right?”
This will be her last year of doing it for the nation, so she may rest easier.

Cecily Strong from SNL says that Melania does all the awful and strange things she does because she knows SNL will make skits out of them.

Back
Top Bottom