• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Media and Americans Scramble to Find out If Latest Trump Actually said Latest Quote

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
AMERICA -- Americans across the nation were scurrying to their smart phones and computers in order to find out if the latest statement from President Donald Trump actually came out of his mouth.

The alleged statement, related to climate change and it's affect on ocean levels and islands, presented Americans with yet another instance where they had no idea whether the claimed statement was actually spoken by the President or just a joke from a comic website like The Onion.

After the initial effort, Americans are then tasked with determining just how much they need to care about such a statement if it was shown to be actually spoken, as the President meanders on topics all the time and it may no longer be worth spending any time on it.

The latest incident involves the President allegedly saying "Islands like Guam don't need to worry about rising sea levels as the islands will just float to the higher seas like boats."

Americans are noting exhaustion with the never ending requirements of fact checking the current leader of the United States. "Usually you could go with your gut," noted John Watson, a mason jar maker. "It was simply, you know... a matter of whether it just seemed too out of this world. I know President Obama wouldn't have said that.

"But with this President, you just can't tell. I mean, I don't think he said islands float on the ocean, but he very well could have."

As of the posting of this report, it was not yet determined if the President said islands can float on higher sea levels.

We need to find it out? He says so much stupid stuff why would anyone make stuff up?

See if you can find the fictional Trump quote below.
1) "Trade wars are good, and easy to win."
2) It's (Obamacare) gotta go. Repeal and replace with something terrific."
"We're going to have insurance for everyone."
3) "(The GOP tax plan) is going to cost me a fortune, this thing. Believe me, believe me, this is not good for me."
4) "It's 1999, I'm on Meet the Press, a show now headed by sleepy-eyes Chuck Todd. He's a sleeping son of a bitch, I'll tell you."
5) "So funny to see little Adam Schitt (D-CA) talking about..."
6) "A free press is absolutely vital to a healthy democracy, and whoever doesn't understand that doesn't have the slightest understanding of the American system and American values. Believe me."

3) "(The GOP tax plan) is going to cost me a fortune, this thing. Believe me, believe me, this is not good for me."
4) "It's 1999, I'm on Meet the Press, a show now headed by sleepy-eyes Chuck Todd. He's a sleeping son of a bitch, I'll tell you."
6) "A free press is absolutely vital to a healthy democracy, and whoever doesn't understand that doesn't have the slightest understanding of the American system and American values. Believe me."

my guess (without Googling)

1. True
2. True
3. True
4. False
5. False
6. False

Just my guesses.

Nope - can't find it. I remember his saying some of that shit (#1,2,3,5,). Don't recall him saying # 4 or 6 - which doesn't mean he didn't say those things of course. Cheato could have said literally ANYTHING that was expedient for him in any given moment, and God knows the guy has been around for way too many moments already.

It has to be #6, as I doubt he could utter that long of a sentence without derailing the thought he was pursuing. I also find it unlikely that he would use the phrase "absolutely vital" because he would be unable to follow up the word "absolutely" with a word like "vital" which is not grandiose enough in his mind. He would be entirely too compelled to say "absolutely huge", "absolutely amazing", or something equally grandiose to keep on script.

Again, spot the fictitious Trump quote. Concentrate!!
1) "I'm going to be working for you, I'm not going to have time to go play golf."
2) "I'm like, really smart...a very stable genius."
3) "I served them massive amounts of Fast Food (I paid), over 1000 hamberders."
4) "With the exception of the late, great Abraham Lincoln, I can be more presidential than any President that's held this office." "Nobody has more respect for women than I do."
5) "Great, now I can go after Horseface (Stormy Daniels) and her third rate lawyer."
6) "You know, without a basic respect for other people, you really don't have a moral compass, folks. Believe me. You're just a common degenerate."

Again, spot the fictitious Trump quote. Concentrate!!
1) "I'm going to be working for you, I'm not going to have time to go play golf."
2) "I'm like, really smart...a very stable genius."
3) "I served them massive amounts of Fast Food (I paid), over 1000 hamberders."
4) "With the exception of the late, great Abraham Lincoln, I can be more presidential than any President that's held this office." "Nobody has more respect for women than I do."
5) "Great, now I can go after Horseface (Stormy Daniels) and her third rate lawyer."
6) "You know, without a basic respect for other people, you really don't have a moral compass, folks. Believe me. You're just a common degenerate."

All true, except 5 (he said those sentiments, but that was not the direct quote, I don't think - maybe a combination of two different quotes? Actually, I don't think he said 6 either.

Trump is Mussolini. Trump is not Hitler, is not Stalin. He is a blowhard narcissistic sociopathic simpleton.

Trump is Mussolini. Trump is not Hitler, is not Stalin. He is a blowhard narcissistic sociopathic simpleton.

Pretty much. Most of the ones I got wrong were either Mussolini quotes I tagged as Trump, or vice versa.
I don't like myself for it, but have to admit I wouldn't mind if both met the same end.

Pretty much. Most of the ones I got wrong were either Mussolini quotes I tagged as Trump, or vice versa.
I don't like myself for it, but have to admit I wouldn't mind if both met the same end.
It is extremely unlikely that a bunch of Italians will harm Trump and hang his body in Milan. It just doesn't seem in the cards.

It is extremely unlikely that a bunch of Italians will harm Trump and hang his body in Milan. It just doesn't seem in the cards.

Well DAMN! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom