• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Metaphysics is a self delusional anadyne

Do you simply not know what animation is or how it works? Or how a film works? You won't find "Hamlet" on any of the film frames either, because in this context, "Hamlet" is an animated character. It requires twenty four frames per second passing through a light source for the illusion of the character of "Hamlet" to appear on a screen.

The illusion doesn't appear on the screen. That it appears on the screen is the illusion. The illusion appears in the mind of the subject. As does the screen, itself an illusion, the illusion of a screen out there.

So, the screen is no less an illusion than Hamlet.
EB

Knowing is when something is universal.

How would you know that something is indeed universal? It's not possible.

Does your arm just move without the command from you?

Can you imagine a way for your arm to move then command it to move that way?

Why would you doubt for a second that it is the same with every other member of your species that talks about voluntary movement?

Why do we have this distinction between voluntary vs involuntary movement?

Do you not know what voluntary vs involuntary movement is?

...all belief. Nothing universal is what you wrote untermenche.

The ability to perform voluntary movements is universal in humans. If they have an intact nervous system.

The idea of voluntary movement is nothing I invented.

Look it up.

Voluntary movement is not involuntary reflexive movement.

If you ever actually had to help another human reconnect their mind to their body after a stroke you might understand.

If you ever actually helped anyone you might understand.

Knowing is when something is universal.

How would you know that something is indeed universal? It's not possible.

Does your arm just move without the command from you?

Yes. My brain does it.

Can you imagine a way for your arm to move then command it to move that way?

Sorry, this is just an instance of your piglish that doesn't make sense.

Why would you doubt for a second that it is the same with every other member of your species that talks about voluntary movement?

That's belief. Not knowledge. Get a grip, man! Use your arm or move it, for Christ sake!

Why do we have this distinction between voluntary vs involuntary movement?

???

Are you so ignorant you don't know the answer to that?

Let's breast-feed you a little here. There's a very well-known reason. The brain is a complex organ. Some parts are conscious, other parts are at least believed to be unconscious. Both can control body movements. Movements called "voluntary" are movements controlled by the conscious parts of the brain. So-called involuntary movements are controlled by non-conscious parts of the brain. Even FDI knows this!

Do you not know what voluntary vs involuntary movement is?

Piglish.
EB

Your brain does it?

So there is you and there is your brain. You seem to understand that.

But if you are unaware you can move your arm any way you choose that is telling.

It shows you to be living an unexamined life.

And crying about those that are not.

Your brain does it?

So there is you and there is your brain. You seem to understand that.

Not me and my brain. Just my brain. You're talking with my brain here. He's really smart. You should try.

But if you are unaware you can move your arm any way you choose that is telling.

It shows you to be living an unexamined life.

And crying about those that are not.

LOL.
EB

When you learn what the term "voluntary movement" means come back.

Right now all you are doing is crying about not understanding something everybody that commands their body knows.

Ignorance and stupidity is not and argument.

So there we were going down the freeway when suddenly untermenche took an imaginary turn into the world of null-something. He didn't do anything you see. He just imagined he did. Problem is I don't believe what you believe so I'm still on the freeway allegorically speaking.

Knowing has to do with elimination of alternative possibilities. That's why those without science invented the God construct. With an all knowing GOD they had an answer to the "we can't possibly know" because "we haven't observed and measured everything". All you know is what you believe your thing, you call it mind, does. Even that is fiction since it has no observable physical presence.

You don't even have a tree or branch from which you can sit on the wrong side and saw yourself off.

There is nothing imaginary about using your mind to move your arm.

It is something people do everyday.

To deny it is just stupidity.

Human minds are very clever.

But face detection in itself does not say it is how a human does it.

What we want to understand is how a human does it.

Mimicking things has use.

But it is not explanatory.

Human minds are very clever.

But face detection in itself does not say it is how a human does it.

What we want to understand is how a human does it.

Mimicking things has use.

But it is not explanatory.

"Metaphysics is a self delusional anadyne".

It's bad English so you should understand it.
EB

Safe bet that human machines that can achieve facial recognition are not achieving it the same way the human brain does it.

And human machines have hardware and software.

The brain is only hardware.

More great arguments from you.

It is delusion to think that the way a human designs a machine to recognize faces is how a human does it.

Absolute delusion!

OK.

So you have no point.

Do you believe you are freely saying the things you say?

Or are you just an observer?

Or are you observing but not even an observer?

Could something that is not free answer these questions freely?

Back
Top Bottom