• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Methinks Trump just took ownership of Obamacare death spiral.

fromderinside

Mazzie Daius
Local group: Solar system: Earth: NA: US: contiguo
Basic Beliefs
optimist
Explaining the Health Payments That Trump Is Threatening to End https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/14/...n-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

and

Can Trump Take Health Care Hostage? https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/14/...-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region

So Trump wants to blackmail Democrats by threatening to take away subsidies just before health care insurers make their decision to stay or leave.

Whoopsie. Looks like The Donald just took ownership for Obamacare death spiral if one occurs. Just the mention of withdrawing subsidies makes Insurers jumpy. Should they begin to pull out whether or not Trump goes through with his threat, the death spiral will be on Trump, and by their subservience, the republican party.

Read Paul Krugman's analysis. Democrats have no need nor desire to participate in the ruination of their plan. Trump's gambit fails and now the republicans are saddled with responsibility for the loss of the program even if they don't push though one of their disastrous proposals.

We can have a lot of fun with this one. It may be even better than Trump becoming no better than Kin Jung Il when he suggests N. Korea bombing.

Last edited:
Trump is a delusional and ignorant man lost in a world that refuses to accept his delusions.

Right now it seems he is just doing everything the military tells him to do.

Don't think the military told him to consider preemptive bombing of N. Korea.

Not what he is saying.

What he is saying is dangerous and incredibly stupid.

But what he is actually doing; like sending missiles to destroy an air base in Syria and dropping a bomb that needed testing on a live target in Afghanistan.

I'm going to ruin Obamacare if I don't get cooperation from the Democrats to help me ruin Obamacare. - Trump

I'm going to ruin Obamacare if I don't get cooperation from the Democrats to help me ruin Obamacare. - Trump

That's pretty much what it boils down to. I keep wanting to say that if Trump does that, then it will cause a massive backlash against him. But I don't think his supporters care as long as it undoes something Obama did. On the other hand, his army of internet trolls likely make more noise than most of those who voted for him. Hell, even 20 something percent of the people still approved of Dubbya by the time he left office.

Rubio was responsible for the hikes in rates when he ax'd the coverage to Insurers dealing with the initial risk of too many sick being covered relative to healthy.

Fuck the Republican Party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rubio was responsible for the hikes in rates when he ax'd the coverage to Insurers dealing with the initial risk of too many sick being covered relative to healthy.

Fool!

Don't you know not to stick your dick in crazy?

Fool!

Don't you know not to stick your dick in crazy?
I was talking to some syphillic bears.

Google "corridor of risk". The GOP sabotaged Obamacare and now complain it is in a "death spiral".

And now use that bit of exaggeration as an excuse to destroy Obamacare. The GOP shits need to be beaten with sticks and turned out of office. Ratfucking tactics, the GOP's specialty.

And Trump is threatening to block payments to insurers required in the ACA bill. This is just beyond insidious.

ACA is broken, we should know, we broke it... big league.

Back
Top Bottom