• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Michael Cohen subpoenaed in New York Trump Foundation probe

phands

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Hardcore Atheist
It never rains but it pours - schadenfreude time again - and these look to be state charges, so no pardon possible....

One day after pleading guilty to eight counts of criminal financial charges stemming from a separate investigation, Michael Cohen has been subpoenaed by New York state investigators in the ongoing probe of the Trump Foundation, the Associated Press reports.
The big picture: The Foundation is being investigated by the New York Attorney General's office, and the New York Department of Tax and Finance. The lawsuit brought by the New York Attorney General's office alleges that the Trump Foundation engaged in political activity illegally and was involved in self-dealing transactions.

https://www.axios.com/michael-cohen...ion-364f7c98-2729-4c5f-8dcf-90dbb9980264.html

Cohen is now on Trump's enemies list, so I don't think he is likely to pardon him even for federal crimes.

Oh, I don't think Cohen is going to get any pardon. He sang.

Manafort, on the other hand..... It may be a good thing that ten charges still hang in the balance of retrial.

Manafort, on the other hand..... It may be a good thing that ten charges still hang in the balance of retrial.

Even if they don't retry the 10, trumpo will wait until after the September trial, as pardoning Manafort twice is something even the shitgibbon wouldn't get away with.

Even if they don't retry the 10, trumpo will wait until after the September trial, as pardoning Manafort twice is something even the shitgibbon wouldn't get away with.

If he's going to pardon, he'd probably better wait until after the November elections, just to keep the signals to the voters at a minimum. But then, pardoning doesn't make sense until all the counts are in and the sentence meted out, any way. That all takes time. Time in which I hope the good counsel will have constructed some other holes in to which the perpetrators can fall, to the delight of the general public.

I still have not heard anything about Cadet Bonespurs' latest hissy fit.

If he's going to pardon, he'd probably better wait until after the November elections, just to keep the signals to the voters at a minimum. But then, pardoning doesn't make sense until all the counts are in and the sentence meted out, any way. That all takes time. Time in which I hope the good counsel will have constructed some other holes in to which the perpetrators can fall, to the delight of the general public.

If Dems win the house, it may not be beyond imagination that the Rethuglicans would move to impeach Trump AND Pence, making the current speaker President - before the same thing happens after a Democrat speaker takes office....

If Dems win the house, it may not be beyond imagination that the Rethuglicans would move to impeach Trump AND Pence, making the current speaker President - before the same thing happens after a Democrat speaker takes office....

Ah...But the McConnell Rule, y'know....We need to wait to see what the American People have to say before we rush to any judgements. Amirite?

If the People decide to change the leadership of the House, then any new leadership in the White House should reflect that change in opinion of the People. Right?

Ah...But the McConnell Rule, y'know....We need to wait to see what the American People have to say before we rush to any judgements. Amirite?

If the People decide to change the leadership of the House, then any new leadership in the White House should reflect that change in opinion of the People. Right?

Heh - Rules schmools. McConnell is going to give it his all, trying to get Kavanaugh confirmed at all cost. And it might be at all cost to him, depending on what happens next.

Back
Top Bottom