• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Ministry Of Truth being implemented

Looks like the Ministry of Truth Disinformation Board is not happening after all;

The expert appointed to oversee a new disinformation board at the Department of Homeland Security resigned Wednesday after the program was paused amid criticism from Republicans on Capitol Hill. Nina Jankowicz said in an interview after her resignation that the board's purpose was to ensure that DHS followed best practices in combatting disinformation while protecting Americans' freedom of speech, privacy and civil liberties.

News

A poorly thought out initiative in the first place and I hope the "pause" is permanent.

What would be wrong with having a "Ministry of Truth"? It sounds like a good idea to me.

Don't we already have this in the court system? for trying criminal cases and damage suits? Don't the juries or judges make determinations of what the truth is, in order to decide the case? So, why not also have similar procedures to determine if there is disinformation or fake news being promulgated in the media? i.e., ANY media, any kind of publication or broadcasting or propaganda dissemination going on?

What's wrong with expanding the truth-seeking function of government to expose falsehoods that are misleading the public or doing harm? Who would be against this? What do they have to hide?

What would be wrong with having a "Ministry of Truth"? It sounds like a good idea to me.

The same reason why no one would be comfortable with a Final Solution on Poverty. But if it's the final solution, doesn't that mean poverty is now fixed? That sort of obtuseness is so far from the fucking point I can't even pretend to be sarcastic about it.

Besides, "ministry of truth", is the phrase dumb cunts are using to make themselves appear educated about the purpose of Biden's plan. It was never to promote a government sanctioned version of reality. It was meant to point out very specific instances of media and saying, "Hey, just so you know, that media outlet is owned by X, is trying very hard to hide the fact they are owned by X, have a very specific agenda that is mandated to them by the government of country Y and had the following discrepancies in their story. You need to consider that as well as what they are saying." Only the most moronic of dumb fucks think that is even remotely equivalent to Orwell's 1984, but those people pontificate as if they just purchased a Fisher Price "My First Political Opinion" kit.

Back
Top Bottom